VOGONS

First post, by Comreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm looking for the 1.2 patch for Stonekeep, and I can't find it. Interplay's self-support section for Stonekeep is down, and all the sites Google returns either don't have a patch or are in a different language. Anyone have an alternative source for the patch?

Reply 1 of 4, by Dr. Riptide

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Allow me to introduce you to one of my favorite web sites, The Patches Scrolls. You will find this Stonekeep patch there (I just checked, it's there), along with probably every other patch you will ever need and a whole bunch more that you won't. Anytime you need a patch that you can't find anywhere else, they are likely to have it. This is a wonderful site to bookmark; you might very well come up with more uses for it quite soon.

Intel Q6600 (2.4 GHz) | 4GB RAM | GeForce 8800 GT | Windows 7 64-bit

Reply 3 of 4, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Glad to see more fellow users in this forum taking notice of such a fine site as The Patches Scrolls! 😎

It should be a like a bible for us DOSBox users that just love old DOS games.

Odds are that if a patch was ever released for a specific game, it's most likely available there.

As for how long they've been around, here's a quote straight from the source:

The Patches Scrolls website is THE source for game patches. Many times, especially if the game is an older game, the publisher has possible gone out of business, been bought out by another company, or just stopped supporting the game that you need a patch for. In this case, it can be VERY difficult to find the manufacturer's patches. The Patches Scrolls is updated daily with new patches and has been a repository for all your game patching needs for over 10 years. If there was ever a patch made for your game, it is very likely that we have it. If we don't, let us know and we will do our best to find it.

Reply 4 of 4, by Dr. Riptide

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One of the greatest things about the site is that they have patches for both old games and new games (occasionally, for games that aren't actually out yet; this seems to be a trend recently); it's one-stop shopping for all your patching needs. They even have a number of unofficial patches for compatibility issues and that sort of thing.

Intel Q6600 (2.4 GHz) | 4GB RAM | GeForce 8800 GT | Windows 7 64-bit