VOGONS

Dosbox 0.70 & Shadow Warrior

Topic actions

First post, by raskil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

DosBox 0.70 refuses to run Shadow Warrior. It used to work wich 0.65, now i get a black screen after the graphics init. I' ve tried switching to normal core and static cycles and I' ve turned off sound, but i still get the black screen. Any ideas?

Greets

Raskil

Edit: Tried the DOS32a Extender too, but no luck.

Reply 2 of 22, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Assuming you are using Windows XP or later, I would recommend using the free port on this site:

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/?p=jfsw

The game will run natively through Windows with this port. It runs better than with DOSBOX 0.65. Haven't tried 0.70 on this one.

Reply 6 of 22, by raskil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What a beauty, SW runs great under DoxBox 0.70 even in 800x600 SVGA. And after a little trouble with the IPX frame type i got the multiplayer working too. LO WANG RALLY, I'M COMING! Many thx to all contributers of DosBox, you just made one person alot happier 😀

Reply 8 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

What did you do Wkdsht?

Last edited by MiniMax on 2007-06-15, 17:32. Edited 1 time in total.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 12 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

What did you do Wkdsht?

Let me try once more: EXACTLY what did you do Wkdsht?

Reply 13 of 22, by Wkdsht

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed the game went thru the setup like normal, then i go into DOSbox and get it goin and it says something about playback failed or something. Sorry for seeming so dense triin to learn some of this stuff still...

Reply 14 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
MiniMax wrote:
MiniMax wrote:

What did you do Wkdsht?

Let me try once more: EXACTLY what did you do Wkdsht?

Trying one more time. EXACTLY, line by line, command by command, keypress by keypress.

Reply 15 of 22, by Wkdsht

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First i installed it ran the set up and everything then opend the dosbox changed the drive to C: then typed in SW like it says to then i will load up but while loading up it says playback failed possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ.

Reply 16 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I asked 3 times, and never got an answer, so I am not going to waste more time on you.

Reply 17 of 22, by Hillsy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game works fine with Dosbox 0.70 even with SVGA 800x600 as mentioned above. It seems you have the incorrect settings for your sound card. Try changing the IRQ and DMA channels when you choose your sound card when running the setup file.

Manually choose your sound card. Don't accept the default settings. It has an option 'Choose Sound Card'. Select it to choose your sound card. I find the best one is sound blaster or 100% compatable...

What sound card are you using?

Tinker alittle and you will find the right setting to run the game.

Old DOS game were very sound card sensitive. You have to get the correct settings. You will know when you have as when you test the sound and music in the setup file you will hear something...such as 'you don't mess with Lo Wang'...or something equally as amusing.

Enjoy.