VOGONS

First post, by wolferlll

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have troubles to install this programm. Can you help me with this, i tried some changes on the config(cycles to max, and mem to 64), but still the same problem. The Problem is, that i get the error message: insufficient extende memory - can´t found the file setup.exe.(but the file is install.exe)
I tried it with dosbox 0.7 and dosbox 0.71

My system is an AcerSystem Genuine Intel CPU t2050 @1,60 Ghz
1.60ghz, 0,99GB Ram
graphics: Motibel Intel 945GM/PM/GMS/940GML and Intel(R) 945GT Expres Processor.

I tried also to make an image and mount this, but still the same problem. And i tried to copy the files on harddisk - sampe problem.

Thanks for you help.

Reply 2 of 11, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is this the program you are using? :

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/f-22-lightning-2

If so, then it looks like you are trying to run a Windows program under DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 11, by wolferlll

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its a dosgame, (and i tried it under windows).

the xms and ems settings? I have here in the config a "true". What other parameters can i try? ( I look in the readme, but )

And i tried loadfix, and still the same problem.

Reply 8 of 11, by wolferlll

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

d:
Joystick [Dir]
Nova [Dir]
Vesa [Dir]
install.exe
readme.text

Nova [Dir]
install.bin
resource.res

and i started the install.exe file, and then i have the error message and now i´m in the Nova [Dir].

Reply 9 of 11, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have access to the Novalogic 1996 game F-22 Lightning II (which is a DOS game) that will install under Dosbox v0.70. However, Dosbox game play at even 640x480 with a Pentium IV 640 (3.2GHz) is quite slow. Since I had originally installed this for a young nephew I found a better performance solution...

I purchased on eBay the Novalogic 1997 game "F-22 Raptor", which was basically a re-release of the Novalogic 1996 DOS F-22 Lightning II using Win95 era DirectX version 5 and a software renderer. This is one case where dumping the DOS version for the Windows version makes sense.

The only advantage of the DOS F-22 Lightning II version is that screen resolution can go to 1024x768, where as the Windows 95 based F-22 Raptor is locked at 640x480, unless the multiplayer F-22 IBS upgrade is applied.

As an aside, the official Air Force name for the F-22 did turn out to be "Raptor" instead of "Lightning II". However, the new F-35 did pick up the "Lightning II" designation.

Hope this helps,

dvwjr