Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

First post, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
  • Battle Isle 2, by BlueByte, 1993.
    I already have the game, but only as part of a 3-games box.
    Box is a little worn at the edge, but otherwise okay.
    Even comes with update 1.0.5 on a 3½ diskette with BlueByte print.
  • Star Trek - Hidden Evil, by ActiVision, 1999.
    Box is in perfect condition.
  • Myst, by Brøderbund, 1995.
    Box is in (almost) perfect condition.
  • Riven (sequel to Myst), by Cyan & Red Orb, 1995.
    CD-ROM is a mixed Win95/Mac version.
    Box is in perfect condition.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 1908, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

No, I am lucky enough to live near a little shop that sells used games and videos:

http://www.gameshop.se/?page=product&catID=10 … list&show=&bok=

The old PC games are on display on a shelf that runs along the ceiling, so I have to crank my head up high to get a good look at them, leaving me quite dizzy after a while 😀

Reply 4 of 1908, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Your lucky but over here i can still get jagged alliance 2 for 13 bucks but it's not really the kind of game i like. I can get n64 and ps1 games and some older pc games.
It is very common to see gran turismo but old tomb raider games have gotten very hard to find and a lot of other popular games have gotten very hard to find here.
I found myst but those other games you listed can't be found and i did not buy myst so i guess it will be a loing time before i see it again. many old games are hard to find here although their is a store that sells old games the selection of them is not very big and most of them are from the mid 200's or late 90's the earliest. It's very hard to find games made before 1998.

See an awesome old game get it fast cause you might never see it again is what i have eventually learned.

Reply 5 of 1908, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've bought quite a few old games on library sales. If you live in the US, check http://www.booksalefinder.com/ for dates and locations. Also, if you happen to live close to Fry's Electronics store, they occasionally get some odd "old new stock." Right now Palo Alto store has a lot of copies of Tomb Raider Trilogy for $4.99 and Tomb Raider Gold for $2.99.

Reply 6 of 1908, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
  • Conflict: Freespace - The Great War, by Interplay, 1998.

Box is in a good condition, with just a little wear at the edges.
    Includes 2 copies of the users guide (1 in Swedish 1 in Danish) and a multipage quick-card with keyboard commands.
  • Wing Commander - Prophecy, by Origin, 1997.

Box is in PERFECT condition. The front of the box has a flip-out page which has never been opended (the little sticker holding it in place is still attached).
    Needless to say, all manuals, guides, quick-cards are there, and even the big fold-out starmap poster is there - completely untouched.
  • Tombraider, by Eidos, 1996.

Box has seen better days. Lower-left corner is held together by tape.
    No manuals, no guides, but surprisingly the registration card and a little advertisement leaflet for other Eidos games is still there.

If I see a better copy I will definitely buy it.
  • Tombraider II, by Eidos, 1997.

Box is in almost perfect condition, but empty!
    Well, not completely empty - since the store did not have the original CDROM, I was offered to buy a 2001 re-release of the game in one those puny little DVD-cases. I bought the re-release version for $6 and got the original box for free.

Again - I will see if I can get the original CDROM and the guides somewhere else.

I also found an (empty) box for Tombraider III, but again the store did not have the CDROM for the game. And no re-release version either, so I could not get the box either 🙁 The store has a sign-up service, so I guess I will sign-up for a copy of Tombraider III. Then I should get an alert if/when it becomes available, either in the store, or from their suppliers.

Reply 9 of 1908, by simonecuttlefish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Star Trek - Hidden Evil, by ActiVision, 1999. HEHEHHEHHEHE ... "PUS HEAD" ... HEHEHEHEHHEHEHEH Not very Vulcan : ) You'll see what I mean - it's NOT an insult directed at you : )

Reply 10 of 1908, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmmm nice...

Well I bought these yesterday:

Dungeon Keeper - Bullfrog
Birthright - Sierra
Dragon's Lair - Digital Leisure
LBA 2 - Adeline
Syndicate Wars - Bullfrog
MDK - ???
and last but not least
Ecstatica!!!
Well I paid about 15 euros only!Oh yeah I found Fallout 1 for 2 euros and gonna buy it tomorrow 😜

Reply 11 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My recent purchases:

Wing Commander PC CD ROM Edition by Origin systems (WC1 only --the WC2 CD was sold separately and I did not buy it).

3cbe_1.JPG

Nighthawk F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0 by Microprose.

d124_1.JPG

Air Force Commander by Impressions.

20a5_1.JPG

Dungeons & Dragons: Stronghold by SSI.

d8a5_1.JPG

(yes, it's gonna' be months of DOSBOX in my gaming life 😉 )

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2007-10-20, 18:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 12 of 1908, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I wasn't aware that Microprose released F-117A on a CD-ROM - I actually had the floppy version for the longest time, complete with punch-out keyboard overlay.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 13 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wildweasel wrote:

I wasn't aware that Microprose released F-117A on a CD-ROM - I actually had the floppy version for the longest time, complete with punch-out keyboard overlay.

Microprose actually released a CD-ROM version of F-15 Strike Eagle III too. Microprose lives forevah! (and so does Origin)

By the way, it seems the CD-ROM version doesn't come with punch-out keyboard overlay, but considering the complexity (or lack thereof) of flight sim games during that era..... Ahh, those were the days, huh?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 14 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay, I just acquired The First Fighter Simulation To Include Squadron Strategy. Yay!

183f_1.JPG

Reply 16 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Davros wrote:

my god i loved f117 stealth fighter

Me too. What I don't understand is why the HOTU review is pretty much lukewarm.

Reply 17 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not a game actually, but a Voodoo2 card. Yay!

6e0e_1.JPG

Reply 18 of 1908, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well if you had bought a fresh one of those you'd have a limited OEM Incoming, a Nuclear Strike demo, Monster Truck Madness 2 and Battlezone with that one 😜

ahh the good old days when hardware was bundled with actual decent games (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 was the last good one)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 19 of 1908, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

ahh the good old days when hardware was bundled with actual decent games (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 was the last good one)

And good old days when there wasn't any need for noisy fans for the CPU or graphic card 😁