VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 80 of 124, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Could you do Unfinished Business textures too?

actually a lot of the textures for UB are already done , although I haven't released the patch because I was getting some collision errors because of the way the UB textures file names are captured/stored/generated

Paul's new allversion file might siolve the problem though . I will do some testing this weekend if every thing works out O.k. perhaps I can release a patch for ub on monday

Reply 81 of 124, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gambit ,

I was just cleaning up my downloads section when i noticed your new slide show . very cool . is it possible for evryone else to do this , as I would much rather have a slide show that a static bunch of thumbnails .

OR

is is possible to have the thumbnail do the slide show trick ?

anyway nice update to the site and it looks like some fine new textures too .

Reply 82 of 124, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, that was a bit of shameless self promotion... 😀

I'd intended to update the other pages but haven't got aorund to it yet. We could do it a number of ways:

1) Leave your own pages alone, but extend the slideshow to pull everyone's thumbnails into it. Tricky though, as it would mean a lot of work getting you all to create little text files for the titles and descriptions.

2) Create a slideshow on your own page: again, tricky, as you'd need to create some sort of text file containing the description and I'd need to hack the slidehsow to read all this data in somehow.

3) Overhaul the site into a blog format: I've been thinking about this for a while but it would take a lot of work and I don't have time right now. It would however mean that I could create you all as users and you could then easily update the news section, add downloads or screenshots to any post , have them automatically clickable as thumbnails that load the larger image, etc etc. Lots of fun stuff, but a lot of work and given that wedon't update the site very often it's probably overkill.

4) You tell me what screens you want to display, give me the titles and descriptions for each one, and I manually hand code them up on your own pages. This is my least preferred!... 😀

Reply 83 of 124, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the update, Quest. All in one pack is better solution and not confusing.
I see that you added some Atlantis textures, can't wait to play these levels to see how they look.

Just one note: don't forget to delete temporary files next time 😉
And also one texture is not included in new pack, but existed in old one:
(0--64)(160--224).png in Atlantis/046A802238552F7592545C5E5154F954 folder. I don't know if it is not needed anymore?

Reply 84 of 124, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just one note: don't forget to delete temporary files next time Wink
And also one texture is not included in new pack, but existed in old one:
(0--64)(160--224).png in Atlantis/046A802238552F7592545C5E5154F954 folder. I don't know if it is not needed anymore?

Zebius thanks , er...

a missing texture ..that's bad ...because...

I did that re-package (without checking it )in a hurry from my laptop, I will double check the texture to see why it got left out...thanks again ,BTW how did you notice it was missing ?

Reply 85 of 124, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
z9d10 wrote:

BTW how did you notice it was missing ?

I didn't check it manually of course 😉 I used Total Commander and its 'Synchronize folders' option. It's very useful for comparing large number of folders and files.

Reply 87 of 124, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It can be confusing working out whether a textures is missing because of the equiv files. I have a tool that will list the correct list, which you can diff between changes. I'll post it in a bit, but I'm just off out.

Reply 88 of 124, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

zebius;

that texture :(0--64)(160--224).png is totally suppose to be in there . I can't imagine why it fell out . I will get the pak updated , and thanks for the heads up 😀

BTW here is the texture

Attachments

• (0--64)(160--224).png
    Filename
    (0--64)(160--224).png
    File size
    50.79 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    (0--64)(160--224).png just drop er in the atlantis folder #046A802238552F7592545C5E5154F954
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 89 of 124, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe I removed it to deal with a multiple mapping. Come to think of it, I haven't released the latest version of the tool. Here it is. It now gives much better feedback about the cause of multiple mappings. It will also give a complete list of the textures mapped by a pack, including those derived through the equiv file. That is useful because you can do a list before and after making changes and check you haven't lost anything.

Attachments

• Filename
    GenEquivMap.exe
    File size
    320 KiB
    Downloads
    1202 downloads
    File comment
    V1.06 of Equiv mapping generator and checker
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 90 of 124, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks for the tool 😀

Paul all I did was combined the paks using winrar , but I haven't had a chance to check it . I have some new material , but was wondering how I can go about generating an equiv that will work with your allversion pak . I believe you have given me every thing I need , hmm.. I will check into it this weekend .

Reply 91 of 124, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Best thing for continued development is to work from the version in http://download.glidos.net/SilverLok/ - combine the three archives there, in the same way as for the release ones, and work from that. The idea is you do the continued development just worrying about making your own TR1 version look correct. Each time you want to release something, you or I can combine your latest equiv file with the version-equiv file. It's best if you don't put anything in your equiv file for the sake of different TR1 versions; it just confuses the last stage of combining.

Reply 92 of 124, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

At all stages the tool can warn you about double mappings. It can also give you a complete list of the textures mapped, so that you can compare lists before and after, to be sure of not losing anything by accident.

Reply 95 of 124, by TombRaiderTim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I love the TRX Textures, but i was wondering, would any of the other authors be able to finish making the scion textures? :s

"Immortality Has A Price, But What Are A Few Lives To Sacrifice For Your Dreams?"

Reply 96 of 124, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did them years ago but TRX has fallen off my radar for the longest time and I never uploaded anything new 🙁

I really need to finish the textures at some point!

Reply 97 of 124, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TombRaiderTim wrote:

I love the TRX Textures, but i was wondering, would any of the other authors be able to finish making the scion textures? :s

which scion textures? ( the menu ones , the 'pieces' ones or the actual 'whole' scion ones ? ( there are two different versions of the scion represented in the game )

Reply 98 of 124, by TombRaiderTim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The complete scion Quest. BTW i made this post to ask if matt hill, i think is gambit right? Are you going to update your texture packs with the new textures that were on the screenshots on the main page? Many people in the TR community wants to see what they are like.

"Immortality Has A Price, But What Are A Few Lives To Sacrifice For Your Dreams?"

Reply 99 of 124, by TheTombRaider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anybody know of any texture packs for Tomb Raider 1 Unfinished Business? 😖 Because I went to the tomb raider extra site and they haven't had a update since 2010. I searched through their files and couldn't find any texture packs for Tomb raider Unfinished Business. 😢 I couldn't find anything on this forum either. If anyone could have any links or information on this it would be most appreciated! THX! 😁

"A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are. I’d finally set out to make my mark; to find adventure. But instead adventure found me. Everything lost is meant to be found."
--Lara Croft