VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 22 of 44, by urbantaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it gives me a windows pop up error saying that the application needs to close. It only happens when trying to print. I am assuming it has something to do with the other app installed to give direct port access. It doesn't give any other errors except that app dosbox and module dosbox

Reply 30 of 44, by urbantaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i figured that but i believe dos2usb is supposed to make the pc think it has a lpt port but alsa as i type this i see that is a virtual port in windows and dosbox with your patch is looking for the direct access without windows

Reply 33 of 44, by slpalm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does PortTalk work under XP x64? I'm trying to run DosBox Megabuild with PortTalk in order to have parallel port passthrough for a security dongle. However, the PortTalk driver won't load... Ugh...

Reply 38 of 44, by jlederma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, I think I am missing somthing in my understanding here, I am trying to do a pass through to the printer that is set up on my xp machines lpt port. I have porttalk and ran it with the following "allowio dosbox.exe /lpt1"

in my dosbox config file have the following

in the printer section: "printer=true
dpi=360
width=85
height=110
printoutput=png
multipage=false
docpath=.
timeout=0"

and in the paralell section :"parallel1=realpt:ecpbase:378"
I can make it work with "parallel1=printer"
but the nature of the program is such that it really needs to be run full screen and exiting to deal with the printer dialogue is annoying. Any suggestions?