VOGONS

First post, by mombarak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to build a P90 computer and right now, I am finalizing and testing parts.

The current system:

• Intel P90
    16 MB EDO RAM
    Soundblaster 16 PnP
    2 GB DOM Flash Disk

One of them is the Matrox Millennium with 4 MB (PCI). The card has a nice DOS screen quality. The picture seems a bit more calm and clear. What I noticed is that a lot of threads say that these cards have an issue with side scrolling games like Keen 4 or Jazz Jackrabbit. I tried Jazz and it works just fine.

However, I have noticed that Warcraft 2 Dos is not displaying the cutscenes but the sound is playing. Has anyone seen this behaviour or knows something I could try to get the picture in the cutscenes back? Its a weird issue.

Reply 2 of 2, by clb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have this Matrox Millennium 2064W card:

Matrox2064W.jpg

With 2MB of RAM, and the following test results:

SNOOP.png

From my tests, I've found that in addition to Jazz working ok, Pinball Fantasies works ok, and Kukoo2 demo works ok:

KUKOO2.png

UniVBE 6.7 reports some problems:

UNIVBE.png

my VBIOS is 2.2 it seems.

One thing I notice about this card is that SVGA and VESA video mode outputs through VESA Feature Connector are busted, and always just output an odd black&white sync stripe pattern:

VIDSCAN-800x600@15bpp.png

No idea what that is about, though for this card, it seems that the Feature Connector output only works for standard VGA video modes.