VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by Mandrew

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sure, bought it for $3 used since it's perfectly legal to sell used software and transfer the license here. Ever since the EU kicked software companies in the ass it's easier to buy dirt cheap software instead of dealing with shady torrent versions. My Windows 11 COA cost me a grand total of $5, Office 2021 and Adobe Dreamweaver $10, Total Commander $3. I have a bunch of ancient DOS/Windows/Office COA stickers and it's 100% okay to use them. I never thought I'd ever go legal but the EU finally did something right and made our lives a whole lot easier.

Reply 21 of 23, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mandrew wrote on 2024-05-19, 20:22:

Sure, bought it for $3 used since it's perfectly legal to sell used software and transfer the license here.

Legal, yes.
But it's not personalized for you, is it?
There's plenty of people who want their own name in the "About" screen...

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 22 of 23, by Mandrew

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Grzyb wrote on 2024-05-19, 20:59:

But it's not personalized for you, is it?

It's not, but I just wrote my name on the street front of my house to make it personalized so I'm not missing out. Now everybody's gonna see that it's MINE! 🤣

Reply 23 of 23, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a WinRAR license. I use it all the time. Not a purchase I regret.

Errius wrote on 2024-05-14, 21:38:

One problem with the RAR format is that Windows Search does not support indexing the archives. It can handle ZIP and several other compressed formats but not RAR.

Have you actually tried this after Windows added RAR support? It sounds unlikely that they wouldn't support indexing.