VOGONS

First post, by zzenn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm playing the dos version of LSL7 with dosbox 0.72 and everything is fine except for the mouse. It moves very fast/jerky across the screen and is practically impossible to control. Eventually it tends to get stuck on the left side of the window.

I tried changing the config file as per LSL6 recommendations for a busted mouse, but that only made it worse and also affected the sound.

Okay, my specs:

Dell vostro 1500 laptop

Motherboard - I dont know
Processor type and speed - Core 2 Duo 1.6
Amount and type of RAM - 2 GB
Video board w/ RAM amount and type - Nvidia GS8400
Sound board - Sigmatel (barf)
Operating system - Windows xp sp2
Game name (and version, if applicable) - Leisure Suit Larry 7

This problem happens every single time.

I guess the video mode is vesa? Not really sure.

I hope someone can help me to help Larry get his groove on 😉

Reply 1 of 5, by zzenn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay the mouse is working now. I edited the dosbox config file and disabled autolock for the mouse. Then made sure sensitivity was at 100.

The only problem now is the sound. It is kinda glitchy. I guess I will try some more settings 😀

Reply 2 of 5, by zzenn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Arrgh, now the game is crashing. I notice the glitches get worse when I move the mouse and then soon after the game dies.

Can anyone please post their dosbox config for getting LSL 7 Love for Sail to work?

Reply 3 of 5, by zzenn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm experimenting with settings. It seems a high number of cycles makes the game more responsive and playable. Unfortunately, that also means the sound gets worse.

Isn't there ANY way to run this?

I also tried VDMSound, but it's painfully slow. If I move my mouse, it then crashes. If I don't resolve this soon, I'll install ms-dos in virtualbox and give it a go the old-school way.