VOGONS

PIT Perfect

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 53, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is an effect like that you can get from playing two different games without shutting down Glidos in between.

Bingo. It only occurs when switching from Redguard to TR/TRUB (not the other way around, nor between TR and TRUB) without shutting Glidos down.

Reply 42 of 53, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kaminari wrote:

Bingo. It only occurs when switching from Redguard to TR/TRUB (not the other way around, nor between TR and TRUB) without shutting Glidos down.

Brilliant, so that version of PollPipe.dll is okay. It runs the process
priority down if there isn't any Glide activity for a while which makes things work okay if a game just sits waiting for a key stroke.

Guess this swap from Redguard to TR thing is a bug I should look at some time, but it isn't desperate.

Reply 44 of 53, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover ROFLMAO, oh man. That was QUALITY, Nicht.

http://www.joke-archives.com/drinking/5levelsofdrinking.html

Originally posted by Glidos No, I really did mean it... and I'm sure I'll really mean it the next time too.

Yes. People always do....

Reply 45 of 53, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm probably too late to this, but for what it's worth here's what I got so far from just a quick test:

Tomb Raider 1 only
P4 2.4 CPU
Asus P4S533-E with Evil VISA breaking SIS chipset (offending SIS AGP driver not installed).
Windows XP Pro SP1
Geforce 4 Ti4400 with Nvidia 43.45

Glidos v 1.20:
Runs too fast sometimes, others it is fine.
Starting newgame, starts in menu ring, not controlling Lara.
Random Keyboard input failure. Arrow keys spin the menu ring but that's all that works.

Glidos v 1.21 without any of the added test files later in this thread:

ControlJudderFix: 1
Game speed is correct.
New game starts correctly, not in menu ring.

ControlJudderFix: 2, and 3
Game runs too fast, didn't test further

I will try to test with ControlJudderFix: 1 more today and reply if I find anything.

Last edited by AntiSnipe on 2003-04-14, 01:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 47 of 53, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After playing a few levels with 1.21, ControlJudderFix: 1:

1. The sound during the in-game cutscenes got delayed by about 2 or 3 seconds. This delay carried over in to the game after level 5 loaded so everything was off time. Game over.

2. When level 5 loaded, the camera was all zoomed in too close and I could not judge distance or see much of the surroundings.

Screenshot here.
Should look like so.

Another thing I noticed, is there are no shadows? Where are the shadows under Lara and enemies? It really looks funny without them.

Reply 48 of 53, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Camera zoom>

I too saw this happening a couple of times at the beginning of Khamoon. Call the menu ring, save your game - the zoom goes back to normal. The trick works for me.

Shadow>

Trash your settings.dat file, TR will build a fresh one. The old file was created during the DOS installation of the game and isn't fully compatible with the Glide executable.

Reply 49 of 53, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

Shadow>

Trash your settings.dat file, TR will build a fresh one. The old file was created during the DOS installation of the game and isn't fully compatible with the Glide executable.

Excellent! Shadow fixed. Thanks. That is weird because the new file and the old one appear identical in Notepad, but the shadow works great now.

As for the zoom, it was easy enough to get rid of, but the sound delay was not. I posted about it because I figure, it may be a symptom of another bug or something that may make sense to Paul.

Last edited by AntiSnipe on 2003-04-14, 05:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 50 of 53, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AntiSnipe wrote:
I'm probably too late to this, but for what it's worth here's what I got so far from just a quick test: […]
Show full quote

I'm probably too late to this, but for what it's worth here's what I got so far from just a quick test:

Tomb Raider 1 only
P4 2.4 CPU
Asus P4S533-E with Evil VISA breaking SIS chipset (offending SIS AGP driver not installed).
Windows XP Pro SP1
Geforce 4 Ti4400 with Nvidia 43.45

Glidos v 1.20:
Runs too fast sometimes, others it is fine.
Starting newgame, starts in menu ring, not controlling Lara.
Random Keyboard input failure. Arrow keys spin the menu ring but that's all that works.

Glidos v 1.21 without any of the added test files later in this thread:

ControlJudderFix: 1
Game speed is correct.
New game starts correctly, not in menu ring.

Magic. I'll be pleased if I've accidently cured that problem. The changes I made in 1.21 cure keybaord problems in GTA, so this makes some sort of sense.

ControlJudderFix: 2, and 3 Game runs too fast, didn't test further I will try to test with ControlJudderFix: 1 more today and […]
Show full quote

ControlJudderFix: 2, and 3
Game runs too fast, didn't test further

I will try to test with ControlJudderFix: 1 more today and reply if I find anything.

Probably best to hold off until I release 1.22. Actually there is a chance that 1.22 will bring back the problem. Hope not.

Reply 52 of 53, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AntiSnipe wrote:

After playing a few levels with 1.21, ControlJudderFix: 1:

1. The sound during the in-game cutscenes got delayed by about 2 or 3 seconds. This delay carried over in to the game after level 5 loaded so everything was off time. Game over.

v1.21 has known audio problems (unless you use the very last version of PollPipe.dll posted in the PIT Perfect thread (VarPri.zp I think the file is called). v1.22 should be better, but it might bring back the keyboard problem.

Reply 53 of 53, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The keyboard input loss? That is a strange one. It seems random, but I don't think it is. If I have started Glidos/Tomb Raider and stopped it a time or 3 without rebooting my PC it seems to happen. Also if I "rush" it and Escape past the opening Logos and Movie it seems to increase the chance of it.

In other words, it seems that if I baby it, the odds are good the keyboard will be fine. Reboot before playing or after making adjustments to graphics then starting Glidos again. Let the opening junk play, etc.

I'll play with 1.22 tomorrow and let you know.