VOGONS

First post, by rottentreats

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello New Community!

I just thought I would pop my head in and say hi, and maybe even meet some cool peoples. I am really into 3dfx stuff and I thougth it wouldn't hurt to be part of a community like this one. To kind of give you and idea of why I collect 3dfx stuff and why I am here, you are more than welcome to visit my site by clicking on the image below.

3dfxmaindi0.jpg

or visiting this url: http://rottens3dfxasylum.tripod.com

As you can imagine I play a lot of Glide games on my 3dfx rig I built. I grew up playing on a Voodoo2 and since then have discovered that I really really like the box art of 3dfx products, and well, everything else!

As always I am looking for 3dfx things, so if you have anything related to 3dfx let me know and maybe we can help each other out 😀

Thanks for stopping in and I hope I can contriubte to this already outstanding community! See you around!

-rotten

v5rottensigipbdn3.jpg

Reply 1 of 7, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi rottentreats, welcome to vogons. But I think you have posted this message in the wrong side of the forum. But anyway I hope you will like it here too 😀

Reply 2 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rottentreats wrote:
To kind of give you and idea of why I collect 3dfx stuff and why I am here, you are more than welcome to visit my site by clicki […]
Show full quote

To kind of give you and idea of why I collect 3dfx stuff and why I am here, you are more than welcome to visit my site by clicking on the image below.

3dfxmaindi0.jpg

*drools over the site*

rottentreats wrote:

I just thought I would pop my head in and say hi, and maybe even meet some cool peoples. I am really into 3dfx stuff and I thougth it wouldn't hurt to be part of a community like this one.

While this is not 3dfxZone or x-3dfx forum, we do have 3dfx afficionados here: SilentLoon, Riboflavin, myself, to name a few. We also have a lot of 3dfx-related questions like "do these following games run on Voodoo2" or "would Red Guard run on Voodoo3" or "what kind of environment variables needed to run Tomb Raider on Voodoo5". Moreover, there are always people who will appreciate (myself included) 3dfx-related tips, like the correct GLide version to run Archimedean Dynasty on Voodoo2 (actually posted by SilentLoon some monts ago. Thanks, SL!).

So yes, I think you're welcome. 😀

WolverineDK wrote:

Hi rottentreats, welcome to vogons. But I think you have posted this message in the wrong side of the forum.

He's right. Recently, hardware dicussion was moved to Marvin, while PC is strictly for emulator-related discussion.

However, there were times where the PC forum was for hardware discussion, so it is still the place to search for previous 3dfx-related discussions.

By the way, I think this thread should be moved to Marvin.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 7, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Kreshna: rottentreats is a new member on the ASSEMbler board, and I only invited him (I didn´t recruit him) over to this place. Since his wonderful collection was first posted at the other great forum where I am a member too. But I hope rottentreats will become a great double member 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

Kreshna: rottentreats is a new member on the ASSEMbler board, and I only invited him (I didn´t recruit him) over to this place. Since his wonderful collection was first posted at the other great forum where I am a member too. But I hope rottentreats will become a great double member 😀

Me too. It's always great to see another 3dfx aficionado in this board.

leileilol wrote:

hmm, a lot of your voodoos are post-STB 🙁

Well I still love to see the European box version of Voodoo5 5500 PCI Mac. I just hope I can get one on ebay someday --all my V5 PCI Mac have either American box or no box at all.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 6 of 7, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Marvin....hmmmm...does it stand for something?

I mean, PC section should be discussing about well...PCs..(duh)..... Or at least re-name the PC section as PC Emulation.!

Too Proud to Rename eh? :p

Would any newcomer know Marvin is the place to discuss about PC and PC is about Emulation? (Other than reading the title description, of course, but I think the PC section's description was (un)clear enough)! 😜

On the other hand, some might argue it's just in the name...but still...

Why make life more complicated, as it is already is?

Ok, now before anyone starts bombarding me with criticisms, let us welcome our newcomer. Though I'm not that well versed in the 3dfx scene, I'll gladly let know any info i come across regarding 3dfx.

(I'm using Voodoo II in my classic system with S3 Trio 64V+ passing through it.
In my mid system, I'm using a Voodoo 4 4500 PCI alongside my GeForce 5500FX AGP 8X.)

Reply 7 of 7, by rottentreats

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First and foremost, thanks for the warm welcome! I can try and answer questions when they arise. (if any) Apologies for not posting in the right area the first time, noob mistake on my part I guess.

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Well I still love to see the European box version of Voodoo5 5500 PCI Mac. I just hope I can get one on ebay someday --all my V5 PCI Mac have either American box or no box at all.

Well, if you are ever into trading or looking to accquire a boxed Euro 5500 PCI MAC, hit me up and maybe we can work something out. ( I am mainly interested in the boxes that are in good if not great condition, and currently I could go for another 5500 PCI MAC US. ) (and just another fyi - but the boxed 5500 euro has a brand new, never used card in it with the original mac bios, which if interested is easily flashable to PC.)

------

Anyways I look forward to being a part of this some how. 😀

v5rottensigipbdn3.jpg