VOGONS

Common searches

Heroes of Might and Magic 2

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by avaration

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello DosBox people. I am trying to get my game to install properly and I am having a problem. When I mount it to Daemon it tells me that 64 bit Vista is incompatible with it so I tried to run it in DOS but it then tells me when I run the dos installer that I have no space available in my c:/ drive. I have 776 GB of free space in it. Why?

Bonus points if you can get this game to run without dos (that's why it's in the windows section. if impossible, move to dos please)

Reply 1 of 8, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

its the 776 gb of space thats your problem dos doesnt like drives that big

hang on why am I helping you, How dare you have 776gb free, when it could be filled up with large slices of gaming goodness - you should be ashamed of your self
you have committed a crime against gaming repent now and fill up that space with games and as a bonus your game might install

some people have no shame 😁

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 8, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

What davros wrote is plain wrong, as under dosbox the size is limited
BECAUSE old games usually don't expect that much to be free.

Check your mountings (assure that a c drive is visible in dosbox and that
it is NOT mounted as cdrom, as that implies zero space free of course).

Reply 3 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Please restart this thread.

install properly - what does that mean?
mount it to Daemon - what does that mean?
run it in DOS - what does that mean?
I run the dos installer - what does that mean?
run without dos - do you have this dos?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 8, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

"What davros wrote is plain wrong, as under dosbox the size is limited"
"so I tried to run it in DOS but it then tells me when I run the dos installer that I have no space available in my c drive. "

Actually its plain right im talking about dos not dosbox
and im right on this also
"How dare you have 776gb free, when it could be filled up with large slices of gaming goodness - you should be ashamed of your self" 😁

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 5 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't worry avaration. Davros is just kidding, can't you see? (look at the smily!).

Anyway, your question is not very clear.

I hope you have already mounted a real folder as your hard drive. Shouldn't have any problem if you have done so.

And last but not least look at the dosbox readme file for all the proper mounting and other procedures.

Reply 6 of 8, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't run might and magic 2, it says not enough memory and to release more TSRs, you'd think they wouldn't want their competitors releasing more titles there are many TSR releases already....

Can anyone explain how to fix or circumvent this error? 1 and 3 seem to run okay i've never heard any game mention TSRs before what the hell are they? this doesn't run on dosbox in vista, and i can't try vdms because my version of vdms doesn't support fullscreen mode.....

Reply 7 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try running loadfix before executing the game. Also you need to be running the game in DOSbox http://dosbox.com

Windows 9x,2000,XP,Vista do not have DOSBox they have the Command Prompt/WOW/NTVDM.

TSR's are DOS programs that stay in memory, TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) usually device drivers or utility programs.

Being unable to run DOS games in fullscreen mode has nothing to do with VDMS. NTVDM in VISTA does not support fullscreen for DOS graphics if you are using Windows Vista drivers since INT10 is not allowed. If you want to use fullscreen DOS graphics programs in Windows Vista and you do not want to use DOSBox http://dosbox.com then you need to install the Windows XP drivers for your graphics card in Windows Vista.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline