VOGONS

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've just uploaded a new version to source forge. So any testing that people can manage will be most appeciated. My hope is that we can get an 009 final out before we descend into Glide 3x and the like. So I guess we shouldn't worry about games that still don't work, but we want to be sure that everything that did at one time work, still works.

I think this version has some previously unreleased optimisations from Fabio, so don't be surprised if it is the fastest OpenGLide you've ever seen.

Reply 1 of 10, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Paul,

Looking good performance-wise, but the transparency bug in the TR inventory menu is back. In Redguard, the thumbnail snapshot in the title menu is replaced by a white square.

I guess these two issues must be related.

Reply 4 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It works fine for me, but I think it worked fine for me when you last had the transparency problems. Can you remember what cured this before?

I see that MipMapping is knackered. Not sure what happened there. And I think that I've set MipMapping to 1 in the INI file I put in the release archive. Oops!

Reply 5 of 10, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

... and I've got no problem with mipmapping here 😕

I remember we discussed the transparency issue in the OpenGlide 0.09 alpha 7 thread. The likely culprits were ChromaKey and LFB.

I've tested wih Wrap565to5551=0 and Wrap565to5551=1. Both show the same result. (Don't know if that's supposed to make a difference on my GF2 Ti.) Otherwise, I'm using the same settings as for rc3:

Version=0.09rc5

[Options]
EnableMMX=1
CreateWindow=1
InitFullScreen=1
EnableMipMaps=0
IgnorePaletteChange=0
EnableFog=1
EnablePrecisionFix=1
Wrap565to5551=0
EnableMultiTextureEXT=1
EnablePaletteEXT=1
EnablePackedPixelsEXT=0
EnableVertexArrayEXT=0
EnableSecondaryColorEXT=1
EnableFogCoordEXT=1
PalettePrecision=16
TextureMemorySize=16
WrapperPriority=2
FrameBufferMemorySize=8

Reply 6 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sounds like I've uploaded the wrong thing. I bet I didn't do clean update before I built it... no looks like I did.

I'll download it myself, rather than experimenting with what I thought I uploaded.

Reply 8 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay, so I next searched for all copies of Glide2x.dll on my two HDDs, deleted them all, deleted my openglide working copy, downloaded a new copy ofd the source, and rebuilt. Still I get no transparency problems.

Reply 9 of 10, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Look no further! I've found the culprit.

During my tests, I didn't notice I had EnableMipMaps set to 1 and that caused the problems I described in both games (though MipMapping was disabled in TR itself).

Oddly enough, my textures stay normal with EnableMipMaps=1, it's just that the TR inventory menu is light grey and the Redguard thumbnail snapshot is white (which made me think the transparency bug was creeping in again).

Since the default INI in the rc5 archive has EnableMipMaps=1, wouldn't it be safer to re-upload the library with a corrected INI file?

Anyway, rc5 gets my green light 😀