VOGONS

dosbox for s60 (symbian) first results

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 143 of 197, by scorpeeon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

n1c072: same happening on my e51... even if i set cpu to normal (instead of dynamic) and set memory to 1 mb insted of 2.. app rotates screen then immediately closes.. with last version i had such closing problem when i set memory to 16 mb, but it was working with even 8 mb.. but now it's set to only 1 mb, dynamic core is not enabled, so i don't know what's wrong. i have like ~45mb of free ram. of course, all dependencies are installed. i tried to move and edit the config/mapper file, but didn't help.. the previous version was working, and almost 10 mb ram remained free.. anybody has this problem too?

Reply 145 of 197, by greenender

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GOOD TIP FOR EVERYONE:

Get Norton Commander. Configure it, to display left panel only, half size.
Copy NC to your phone, change dosbox.conf to run NC automatically and set oversize=page. NC is now fully readable, and the panel is shown perfectly on the screen. Look for my attachment 😀

Attachments

• nc.jpg
    Filename
    nc.jpg
    File size
    17.64 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 148 of 197, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
abdelrahman wrote:

sorry but i couldn't get to there
link is protected
how can i get there

you seriously expect an answer ?
I removed that link for a reason.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 153 of 197, by leventbb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Further findings on E71 keyboard:

"Funct key", "Shift Key" and "Ctrl Chr" keys do not produce keycodes, they only produce scancodes (25,18 and 24 respectively)

more surprisingly

@ key, = key and () key produces keycodes (64, 61 and 40 respectively) and scancodes (64, 126 and 124) but dosbox does not capture them.

I'm no expert in these things but I think, to fully utilize E71s keyboard (and probably E90s, E60, E62, E63, E75s and also any BT keyboard) dosbox has to capture scancodes as well.

If SDL provides keycodes to dosbox, this may become a more difficult problem than it is already.

Reply 156 of 197, by sdeibm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi all !
thanks to the authors for this good software.
I have an e51 and i have windows 3.1 it still blocked when i starte it. and for nc commander it can not run for me please i need your precious help .
P.s : i m sorry for my bad english because my original language is french i m so sorry

Reply 158 of 197, by tansoftware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm facing strange issues installing dosbox on my N95 8GB. I've succesfully installed all dependencies and the DosBox SIS setup file on the phone's main storage. I have also placed the mapper and config file as per the readme instructions file. Unfortunately, everytime I run dosbox I get the following error " System Error (-1) " I have tried installing it several times over and over again but have had no luck at all... Can anyone help please ?

TANworksâ„¢ 2009

Reply 159 of 197, by arkanoid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few suggestions:

It would be nice to emulate EGA/CGA/Hercules. I tried machine= settings in dosbox.conf, but all crashed except VGA. EGA 640x350 mode should look great on e90's 800x350! And standard VGA modes provide almost unreadable text 🙁
I tried dosbox to run gpg/pgp (that's why i installed it: there is no native pgp/gpg for s60): looks like djgpp's gpg port protected memory interface is no good for dosbox, the emulator crashed. pgp 5.0i crashes as well more unpredictable way..