VOGONS

dosbox for s60 (symbian) first results

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 181 of 197, by leventbb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A possible bug: When I exit dosbox with Red button, Phone's screensaver (the one shows the big clock after waiting for some time) does not work anymore. I'll have to restart the phone to make it become active again after some idle time

Last edited by leventbb on 2009-03-02, 19:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 182 of 197, by sinfallas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
azk wrote:

I have one question to the author of this port: How can I change mouse sensivity? Changing this field in config file seems not working. It is impossible to play x-com with such fast mouse.

BTW, my device is 6120c if you need this

first of all i want to thanks to kolijoco for this great port. Second i have a n95-8gb with the last version of the port and all games that i tested work fine with the exception of the mouse speed, it's too fast.

i changed on dosbox.conf (the file is on c:\data), sensitivity from 50 to 10 or 5 but it didn't work, can anybody help me to slowdown the mouse??

one more time kolijoco thanks for this great port

sorry for my english

Reply 185 of 197, by mikosoft

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I registered just to say thanks for this port. I've found it while searching for some S60 utilities and found DOSBox ported to S60 - wow! I installed it and have put Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis to autorun section for now. it's almost perfectly playable (the sound stutters and the game is quite sluggish but since it's an adventure game it doesn't require any fast action). My only concern is that mouse reacts too fast. I've set sensitivity to 1 with no result (not sure if it's related though). With fast tapping I am able to move mouse even by one pixel but it's quite a pain especially when trying to click objects 5x5 pixels in dimensions. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next release. But it's absolutely amaizing even now and I can boast about having my favourite adventure game right in my cellphone 😎

(Edit: some grammar mistakes 😒 and screenshot)

Attachments

• Filename
    IMG_6149_r.jpg
    File size
    108.13 KiB
    Downloads
    620 downloads
    File comment
    Fate of Atlantis on the go!
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 186 of 197, by fyatwyrio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would also like to say thanks for the work being done on this port. It is very cool to see the demo for Alone In The Dark running on my phone.

mikosoft, you would probably be better off running Indiana Jones with SCUMMVM. You may want to give that a try. http://www.scummvm.org

Reply 189 of 197, by Anotherguest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And I think that VGA (640x480) is supported (judging from the screenshots I have seen), the thing is that the SDL implementation removes half of the pixels to achieve a 320x240 resolution (and make it look abit crappy).

kolijoco will be lookin on a solution of a virtual screen where you can scroll around the VGA screen (zoomed in) in a 1-1 resolution. But this is work to be done so just have to be patient.

Btw OpenTTD for S60 is using the same SDL S60 backend, and I think already have that vga resolution (virtual scroll) support, so that could be a good source for further DosBOX S60 improvements.

Keep up the good work!

Reply 191 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Admins

Please remove the posted downloads form this thread. People should go to sf to download current and upcoming versions (note: the slim, non-dynrec version is also hosted there in the "unsupported" package.)

I would also suggest that this thread be closed (with a sticky redirection on top). A new one can be opened for user discussion. Reasonable and real bug-reports, compatibility issues, and requests should be posted on the sf forums. Also start another thread, somewhere far-far away pertaining to windows issues (for now).

once again the link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/s60dosbox

Thanks!

Reply 193 of 197, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

kolijoco - everyone can edit their own posts (3rd button in the list of 4 tiny buttons to the left of the subject) so you can easily remove the old files and add a link to the SF page instead.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 196 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i cant build sdl binaries (the free gcce compiler can't do it, and i don't have the commercial arm toolkit)

it would be possible to include sdl sources into the project, but i don't want to do it, until i actually have to change something within the sdl modules.