VOGONS

Common searches

Sam & Max

Topic actions

First post, by Monkeybrains

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I try to run Sam & Max with VDMSound it crashes, any idea why?
I've got the newish version that comes on a CD with Day of the Tentacle.
This version has no sound setup program, I think it must auto detect the sound settings when the game loads.

Last edited by Monkeybrains on 2002-08-25, 02:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Either use ScummVM or the floppy version interpreter. At least, those are the suggestions for DOTT. Since they both use the same engine, I'd assume that the instructions would be the same as well.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 7, by Monkeybrains

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, it works.
But there are a few small sound problems where the wrong sound effect will play.
Like, when S&M get out of the car you here a toilet flushing and when they enter snuckies it plays people cheering and it plays the car schreeching to a halt noise a few times through the intro sequence.
Any idea how to fix this?

Reply 5 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's really odd. I've heard of problems with MIDI and birds sounding like they were honking, but never SnM playing the wrong samples. I'll give it a whirl later today and see what's going on.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 7, by Ender

User metadata
Rank Site Admin
Rank
Site Admin

The sound problem is a ScummVM bug. It's not the WRONG sound effect, but when you enter a new room ScummVM will occasionally play a PHANTOM sound effect.

This is something we're looking into, but it's not considered an important bug :)

-- Ender
Project Leader,
http://www.scummvm.org/