VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 30, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Nah i'm not that old so i must be a god!

Colors fixed well for monster bash anyway hurray 😀 Although it was a bug in vga emulation and not my bios implementation hehe.

Ah well still more to learn from it.

Reply 21 of 30, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Would it be possible to make the Vid Bios of DosBox interchangeable? For instance, include a Vid Bios dumping utility. User dumps his/her bios. Point DosBox to Video Bios. Boot with Video Bios?

We could start a collection of Video Card Bios's! (Probably not legal tho)

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 24 of 30, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ANJU SERMANI
Once a body hath turned to ash, the soul which once inhabited it is sent on to its next life. It, therefore, takes a miracle of enormous magnitude to reclaim it. Realize first that the spirit must leave another body and another life in order to return to thee. If thou perceives that the need for the return of thy companion is so great as to be willing to give five marks of thy wisdom in sacrifice, then beseech the One who is Truth and Wisdom. Allow a tear from each of thine eyes to fall upon the ashes. As thy tears mix with the ashes, so shall they reconstitute thee, and life shall be restored.

...erm, in other words, sorry for reviving this old thread. I'm also looking for a real IBM VGA BIOS image. I've managed to find all kinds of AT and XT BIOSes as well as Super VGA BIOSes from many manufacturers... but not the one from IBM. So if any1 can help me I'd be very grateful. I'm mostly after the fonts (8x8, 8x14, 8x16, and the "alternate" 9x14 and 9x16 substitution tables). The SVGA BIOSes that I have found all seem to have subtle or not so subtle differences in that area, that's why I'd love to have the original font data. Consider it a pursuit of anality if you will.
😉

tearex

Reply 26 of 30, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
wd wrote:

What the hell are you doing with those fonts 😀

Patching them into DOSBox... Using them on the Linux console...

Thanks. Unfortunately no real IBM VGA stuff on there it seems (but CGA and some EGA is there.)

tearex

Reply 27 of 30, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know some people have asked me for these, so I will post them again. This zip contains the original IBM EGA and VGA BIOSes, dumped from my cards, and the IBM CGA Character ROM, also used on the IBM MDA.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f5e71c13ee … 2db6fb9a8902bda

Reply 28 of 30, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you very much GH!

In case anybody is interested, I've extracted all the fonts and recomposed the 9x variants out of the 8x variants and the alternate tables. I could post/attach them here unless that violates some rules.

tearex

Reply 29 of 30, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TeaRex wrote:

Thank you very much GH!

In case anybody is interested, I've extracted all the fonts and recomposed the 9x variants out of the 8x variants and the alternate tables. I could post/attach them here unless that violates some rules.

Post away. 😁

I want to compare to the nVidia 8x and 9x fonts...

dvwjr

Reply 30 of 30, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, here they come. BTW the EGA and VGA variants of the 8x8, 8x14 and 9x14 fonts are identical.

Attachments

• Filename
    IBMFONTS.ZIP
    File size
    16.11 KiB
    Downloads
    206 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

tearex