VOGONS

First post, by Mr_Blastman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It only took me 22 years. 😉

Adlib and SB Music no more! (though, to be fair, in some games the fm synth does sound better).

If I had heard an MT-32 in the 80's, it would have been bad because, well, I still wouldn't of been able to get one so it was all for the best.

Anyways, my question is this:

I am using an SB Live X-fi and the Drive-bay expansion, it has a midi-in and a midi-out

Right now I have only the midi-out on the SB Bay hooked up to my MT-32. Is it neccessary for me to hook the MT-32's midi-out back into the drive bay's midi-in?

Games work great in dosbox and it was really extremely easy to set up. I'm even using it via it's midi device id rather than setting the mt-32 to default. Oh, and my MT-32 is Revision 0, Version 1.

Reply 1 of 2, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mr_Blastman wrote:

Right now I have only the midi-out on the SB Bay hooked up to my MT-32. Is it neccessary for me to hook the MT-32's midi-out back into the drive bay's midi-in?

It's possible, but not really necessary. That's only if you want to record music that has come from another MIDI-In or if you want to get status info from the MT-32 (patch dumps etc), which I doubt many (if any) games use.