VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by albernon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to get Imperialism I (SSI) to work on Windows 7. Has anyone been able to get this to work? If so, what do I need to do?

I tried running it in Win95 mode but it says the Setup file won't work on 64-bit systems.

I downloaded DOSBox but when I type

c:\dosgames\imperial> setup

it returns the following

c:\dosgames\imperial> win SETUP.EXE
ilegal command: win.

I am not too saavy so I may be making some newbie mistakes. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Reply 1 of 4, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I looked up Imperialism on mobygames, and found this tech spec page -

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/imperialism/techinfo

The game's minimum OS requirement is Windows 95. DOSBox can't help you, because it only runs DOS software. If you've tried Windows 7's Win95 compatibility mode, and it tells you it can't set up the game because your OS is 64-bit, there may not be a solution to this problem.

Reply 4 of 4, by Fluffy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
albernon wrote:
I am trying to get Imperialism I (SSI) to work on Windows 7. Has anyone been able to get this to work? If so, what do I need t […]
Show full quote

I am trying to get Imperialism I (SSI) to work on Windows 7. Has anyone been able to get this to work? If so, what do I need to do?

I tried running it in Win95 mode but it says the Setup file won't work on 64-bit systems.

I downloaded DOSBox but when I type

c:\dosgames\imperial> setup

it returns the following

c:\dosgames\imperial> win SETUP.EXE
ilegal command: win.

I am not too saavy so I may be making some newbie mistakes. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

I just tried it on Win7 64, it runs fine without DosBox or a compatiblity mode (as Imp2). Running it in Wide screen (16/9) is another issue, though. I'm looking into it.