VOGONS

First post, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For my next question...

Would anyone happen to have a pdf version of the manual or user's guide for this wonderful card? I've been googling for hours and could find nothing but tons of driver downloads for it.

Reply 1 of 4, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, let me try this instead. Although it would be nice to have the manual for this thing, I really only have one pressing question about it.

As seen in the screenshot, I have no idea what this pin header is for. Can anyone help me out here?

Attachments

• IMG_0587.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0587.jpg
    File size
    48.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's the usual VESA feature connector. Lots of cards had it. It disappeared once AGP had been around for a year or two.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_connector

BTW, Diamond's "manuals" were usually just guides on how to install the card and install drivers. Maybe a table of supported resolutions and refresh rates. Nothing fancy.

Reply 4 of 4, by unmei220

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry for the thread revival.
For the ones interested, you can get a lot of Diamond "manuals" (in HTML format) from here:
http://web.archive.org/web/19990209034304/htt … nual-index.html

I also have the same card senrew has, but I recently purchased another one, because it was selling for pennies here in Argentina.
Seems the last owner didn't take good care of it, and here is my question: it came with a jumper put on those two pins marked with red on the photo. As I already imagined, that was not the place for the jumper, the original place would be the one marked with green. Since I feared for the worst, I took my multimeter and measured what those pins were outputting. Seems like both of them are outputting 5V there. I've been using the card and it seems to work OK, but can someone give me some info as if the card could have been damaged by using it (as I guess the last owner used it with those pins jumpered) with those two 5V pins jumpered ?
Also, does someone who has the same card knows what that JP1 jumper does ? couldn't find any info of it.

Attachments

• virgedx.jpg
    Filename
    virgedx.jpg
    File size
    142.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception