VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mahoofahoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have hit a bit of a snag in my attempt to use Glidos to run the original Tomb Raider (my favorite game!) on my HP laptop. I have WIndows XP and I was able to install VDM Sound and that worked very well, however, I have now reached a point with the Glidos setup that states on the Glide Server window: "The D: drive is empty. Put something in it. Anything will do." I suppose that it is looking for the TR disc, but the problem is that the disc is in my E: drive. I have looked and looked for some way to inform the bloody thing that it is expecting to find the disc in the wrong place, but to no avail. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Reply 1 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by mahoofahoo the Glidos setup that states on the Glide Server window: "The D: drive is empty. Put something in it. Anything will do." I suppose that it is looking for the TR disc, but the problem is that the disc is in my E: drive.

"Tomb Raider" want it's CD to be in the 1st available "removable" drive letter.

You really need to swap out your CD's drive letter with whatever is using D:. Use Disk Management portion of "Computer Management" tool (under "Administrative Tools" within the Control Panel) to make the CD drive the first "removable" device.

Reply 3 of 6, by mahoofahoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I switched the cd drive letter from "E" to "D" and it worked! It is so great to see TR with such sharp and clear graphics. I'm going to buy Glidos ASAP. Thanks so much for your help!
😀

Reply 5 of 6, by adamdavid99

User metadata

For Windows XP use mouse to to right click on My Computer Icon on Desktop.
Select Computer Management
Then under storage click on Disk Management, wait 1 minute for data.
Under volume column use mouse to left click on Item with D: , then use mouse to right click and select change drive letter and path.
Select the change button and use the drop down box next to D and select a unused drive letter [try Z].
Now D: is open so repeat the items above:
1) left click on E: Right click to select change use change botton to get to drop down then select D.

Reboot system and check that CD drive is D: drive

Reply 6 of 6, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You shouldn't need to reboot, it'll be available immediately. I use this technique all the time, it's foolproof. In fact, my TR disc is a virtual disc mounted using Daemon Tools and the swap letter trick works with these too. Nice.