VOGONS

A Question For All You Console Emulator Buff's

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 28, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

in reply to Banquo - Macintosh - Basilisk II (68k)

How is that Mac project coming along? What Mac OS is it running now? I have been interested in Basilisk II since it was in it's 1st beta form. How does it run for you?

Nice selection of Emu! It's great to see another fellow Emu nut like myself! 😁

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 21 of 28, by Banquo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Windows port of Basilisk II hasn't been updated in ages; the person who was maintaining lost interest. I hear the Linux port is still being updated pretty often, but I think it's still limited to running OS 8.6 at the moment. It's open source so I'm surprised that no one has compiled the latest code for Windows. Pear PC has been coming along nicely; it runs OS X. The only problem is it takes an extremely fast PC to run it at the moment. Basilisk II runs great for me though. I have OS 8.1 and OS 7.5.5 installed and use it mostly for playing old Mac games. Most of them work well enough. 😀

Reply 23 of 28, by JustAGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ScummVM for some point and click adventure games, jDoom for Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Heretic, and Hexen, NEStopia for NES emulation, ZSNES for SNES emulation, Project64 for N64 emulation, ePSXe for PS1 emulation, VisualboyAdvance for Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance, no$gba for DS emulation, Kega Fusion for Gamegear, Master System, Genesis, 32x, and Sega CD, Magicengine for Turbografx 16/PC-Engine games (Castlevania - Rondo of Blood), MAME32+ for arcade games. DOSBox for DOS games, and finally eduke32 for duke nukem 3d and possibly blood and shadow warrior support in the future (snag the high res pack for duke nukem 3d while you're at it)
That's all I got. Hopefully this'll get you started 😀

Reply 24 of 28, by bugs_bugger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nobody using Kawaks here? It's really nice, much better than mame for cps2. Kaillera support, many scalers, 68k debugger, tile viewer, musik ripping is also fun. I love Xmen children of the Atom, sfa3 and Super puzzle fighter 2X.

Reply 25 of 28, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Add these to the list:

Sony:
PS1 - PSXEven (it runs some games ePSXe cannot run)
PS2 - PCSX2 (it's still slow, but it's a start)

Sega:
Saturn - Cassini 4.0 (not very compatible, but you can increase the resolution); SSF (VERY compatible, although you cannot increase the resolution and ironically, hi-res games run at a lower resolution than low-res games)
Dreamcast - Chankast (quite compatible, it supports joypads); nullDC (more compatible than Chankast, but it does not support joypads)
Model 2 - ElSemi's Model 2 Emulator

Nintendo:
Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance - VisualBoy Advance
Nintendo DS - DesMuMe and Ideas (they're not very compatible yet, but they're very promising)

Atari:
Jaguar - Project Tempest

Various 3D accelerated arcade machines:
Zinc