VOGONS

Openglide on MacOS X

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 61 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

At least you show the same black faults in Lands of Lore as appear here on my screen 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 65 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please see this thread Mac OS X DOSBox game wrapper with 3Dfx Glide support (Intel 10.5 & 10.6) for how to fix the GL_EXT_packed_pixels error
Probably needs an ifdef macosx for that.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 67 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

for modern Macs the MacGlide is almost useless, a few months ago, when I tried the various ways to play glide games on the mac I remember MacGlide not being much of a help.
For Dosbox I wasn't able to pull it off with MacGlide, for Windows 9x games (and upwards) I used Wine+some Windows glidewrapper (it depended on the games I tried which wrapper worked better).

Reply 68 of 69, by thedoctor45

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To my knowledge, gulikoza & Moe were working on an SDL-based OpenGLide/MacGLide hybrid with better compatibility. With the proper tweaks it should theoretically be possible to compile his custom MacGLide sourcecode for Mac OS X as well.

Various patches for OpenGlide

I have sent gulikoza a message and asked him for the source but he's currently away on a roadtrip and will not be back until the end of the month, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reply 69 of 69, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm back 😀
I was trying a while ago to release the modifications me & Moe have done. But unfortunately there is a nasty bug where Tomb Rider does not have any textures when starting a new game (loading savegames works however) - something is apparently not reset when glide is reset (remember that starting a new games first shuts down glide, plays the intro movie and then reinitializes glide output - loading a savegame goes directly into the game), so this bug most likely affects other things as well. I couldn't fix it and I still didn't fix it...and LFB operations are horribly broken so the whole thing is not very useful...

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza