VOGONS

SiN not working...

Topic actions

First post, by megaman9511

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I'm trying to get the SiN game (patched to v1.11) to work and first thing I see when I start the game is crazy colors. So I went to change the video driver to "default opengl" and the game crashed as soon as I select "apply changes"

I also tried playing Steam Sin as an alternative, but it just gives me a "buffer overrun" error as soon as I start the game 😢

can anyone help out?

Reply 2 of 10, by megaman9511

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well, lokks like I'll have to wait for a new version of Nhancer, because all the other things don't work for me...

Reply 3 of 10, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you try setting the extension limit option to ON in your nVidia driver settings and then changing the game to "default opengl"?

Reply 4 of 10, by megaman9511

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't even have extention limit in my nvidia control panel. I think they removed it in recent drivers. I have v260.99

Reply 6 of 10, by megaman9511

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok. in Inspector, is there anything else I need to do besides choosing the sin:epsiodes profile (for Steam sin) and clicking on "Apply", because it's not working. I'm still getting the buffer underrun error.

Reply 7 of 10, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SiN Episodes is a later game. If you're trying to run the original it may need a different profile.

Reply 8 of 10, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No idea, I've never used it.

Reply 9 of 10, by megaman9511

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have both versions. I just want to play this game again....but looks like it won't be happening.

...anyone has a profile for non-steam SiN?

Reply 10 of 10, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

going back to an earlier driver is your only solution

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness