VOGONS

PCEm. Another PC emulator.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 21 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

After my post there was a 0.41a release

BTW can anyone verify the accuracy of the speed of the 486SX 40MHz emulation? I had a crappy ISA video card back then so I don't really know, I don't remember Doom running that fast on 40mhz.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 24 of 1046, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Excellent!

PS: I knew that database would come in handy one day 🤣

That's the kind of thing I was hoping people would use this database for...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 30 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"- On some Windows 7 machines some keys won't work. I've heard this might be down to a buggy infrared driver. A
workaround has been added - in the settings menu, you can switch from the Allegro keyboard handler to Windows.
This has some other sideeffects, so don't use it unless you need to."

It's actually the eHome MCIR keyboard drivers that seem to be persistently annoying - it affects SDL bigtime, too. Uninstalling them fixes the key bug but it'll also come back after a reboot

either way, you can't seem to press the ` or ~ key in pcem, so you can not mighty foot in duke3d

Wish the SB freq is changable to 49716hz or something. opl on 22khz is a bit grating

the window resizing is GREAT, btw.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 32 of 1046, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Wish the SB freq is changable to 49716hz or something. opl on 22khz is a bit grating

Quick question, why is such a frequency used for the SB?

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 34 of 1046, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I mean, is it the native output of the device? Just seems a bit odd after putting up with common sample rates for so long. (11,025, 22,050, 44,100, 48,000, etc.)

Sorry for hijacking the thread 😒

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 37 of 1046, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SarahWalker wrote:

Yes, that's the output sampling rate of OPL2/OPL3. Obviously no modern system supports this sampling rate so PCem uses 48kHz instead. Not sure where the above mentioned 22kHz come from.

Most sound cards nowadays support any sampling rate from about 8 to 96KHz. So there's no problem in using 49716Hz.

Reply 38 of 1046, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jwt27 wrote:

Most sound cards nowadays support any sampling rate from about 8 to 96KHz. So there's no problem in using 49716Hz.

Cards yes, but those internal sound devices that come with almost all dekstops and laptops are a different matter.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]