VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

www.gog.com/en/news/new_release_alone_in_the_dark

It's here! An absolute legend, the grandfather of all survival horrors, and based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft - Alone in the […]
Show full quote

It's here! An absolute legend, the grandfather of all survival horrors, and based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft - Alone in the Dark - bundled together with the rest of the original trilogy!

Alone in the Dark is a survival horror game released back in 1992, and one of the first games to use 3D models over prerendered backgrounds. This may not sound too fancy now, but when you see the vivid facial expressions on characters using almost two decades-old technology, you'll see that this game is simply a work of art. But there's a lot more to it than that.
Overall, the game's presentation is simply amazing, and this goes for the entire trilogy as well. Each gripping story comes accompanied by top-notch voice acting, fantastic mood-setting music and an immersive cinematic atmosphere. After playing this release, you'll wish all games were this well-designed.
And, finally, the horror part presents the perfect mix of bone-chilling suspense and sudden, heart-pounding terror.
So that's three legendary games for a mere $5.99. What are you waiting for? Are you scared or something?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AITD1 is a brilliant epic, even with only a pc speaker is awesome... even the stuff that the original game had was awesome too, newspaper scraps, the small protection-codes booklet... ah those where the times....

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now finally, something worth getting!!!!

Done deal 😁

EDIT:

They also sell Battle Isle!!!!

This was huge when I was in school...

www.gog.com/en/gamecard/battle_isle_platinum

Reply 4 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I purchased it, but not sure when I get around to playing it 😁

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 6 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Anyone else have this habit of purchasing cheap games from gog and steam, but not having any time to play them?

🤣

My YouTube channel

Reply 8 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

EDIT:

Ah now it makes sense...

295 is only the first game. In that little downloader window, you need to scroll down (underneath the soundtrack files). Then you will see the 2nd and 3rd game using around 350mb each.

Looking on the GOG forum, it seems that there are issues in getting the "standard" FM music to play...

www.gog.com/en/forum/alone_in_the_dark/ ... sion_music

They also mention missing "newspapers" and poor quality manuals. I haven't tried the games yet, so I can't comment.

Reply 9 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Turns out the two files (.INTO and .GOG) are .bin and .cue files. They just need to be renamed in order to burn the game onto a CD and play on our retro PCs.

It is indeed the CD version of AITD.

My YouTube channel