VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 340 of 52737, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It certainly is a 2.0, and the box has a 2.0 label near the bottom right side.

Whereas the box I received, says "version 1.5" on the bottom left side...

Reply 341 of 52737, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

It certainly is a 2.0, and the box has a 2.0 label near the bottom right side.

Whereas the box I received, says "version 1.5" on the bottom left side...

Ah, I see!
CT1320 vs CT1350!

Nice find Maulwurf!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 342 of 52737, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just like at the size 🤣

1.5's are the long ones. And apparently the 1.0 looks just like the 1.5, but has the CMS chips soldered.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 345 of 52737, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't see too many Voodoo Banshees anymore. I remember them being quite nice at the time... good 2D, "good enough" 3D performance, and not terribly expensive.

I wish the dark brown PCBs had caught on a little more... IMO it gives things a lot more of a 'high-end' appearance, compared to the usual green or yellow colors.

Reply 347 of 52737, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:
http://82.114.193.227/vga2/images/stories/vlask/ati/16899-0f.jpg […]
Show full quote

16899-0f.jpg

Nice, do you plan to use it in an EGA gaming rig?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 348 of 52737, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No just collecting all old graphic cards 😁
Btw tried to bench it, no luck at setting usable resolution. Have only 2x mono hercules monitors. At both only broken image due bad frenquency. Later i readed wonder article at wikipedia, where they claim this

"Removes support for plantronics mode/Single-page Hercules mode/composite output"

So mine card is bad, or not capable working on hercules monitors. Still mising working EGA monitor.....

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 350 of 52737, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bushwack wrote:

Found a Hercules 3D Prophet 64mb. Mint shape, still has that new video card smell and the fan is remarkably silent.

It better be, theres hardly anything else to cool it 😜

Anyway, nice find 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 351 of 52737, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a 3D Prophet 4500 as well. It's fan, however, sounds like an electric toothbrush. It seems to be a hit or miss type card a 2d is passable and 3D is excellent with about half the games I've used the card with and horrible with the other half.

Reply 352 of 52737, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My last buys are:

-Roland LAPC-I (boxed, complete)
-NG80386DX-40 AMD PGA CPU Am™386DX 386 processor
-Contaq 386 Upgradeable System Board - AT
-SIIG Enhanced IDE Multi-IO ISA Serial SC-JEE012 EIDE

-TYAN (S1590) Trinity100AT motherboard with AMD K6 II 350Mhz with 128mb ram. Replacement for my gigabyte GA-6ba motherboard thats having a hard to find mouse ps/2 port and had less slots.. Now i can use al of the 8 slots avaible on an AT case.

motherboard_64.jpg

-Gravis Ultrasound ACE for 30 euros. with drivers.
ace_s.jpg

Reply 353 of 52737, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No pics yet, but I've received a fairly good portion of what's on the way now, including:
Voodoo3 2000 PCI
Voodoo3 3000 AGP
ASUS TUV4X rev 1.01(?) x2
6x K6-2+ of various speeds
2x Celeron Coppermine 1100
Soundblaster 16
Pentium II 400 (hopefully unlocked)
Cyrix 5x86 133 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 354 of 52737, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just came back from a fleamarket and got lucky 😀

Bought a whole bunch of graphics cards (8 pcs), a Diamond Monster Sound + somekind of 2MB daughterboard and an Intel s370 D815EEA with a stick of PC133 256MB cl2 together for €10 and a pen
The graphics cards are mostly GF2 and GF3 (and one GF2MX, because I thought it's cooler looked pretty nice 😜).
And about half an hour later bought a 486 VLB board!!! 486-GVT-2 for 50 friggin cents!! Can you believe it?? Of course the VIA chipset is kinda crappy...but a 486 motherboard....€0,50!! Even the 8 cache chips alone are worth more then that 😁

I'm certainly gonna be talking to myself the words "Fifty Cents" and then a big smile...🤣...for at least 50 times tonight! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 355 of 52737, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, I never get this lucky, but for 30 bucks (and free shippiing), I got a lot of 12 ISA sound cards guranteed not doa. In the pile it looks like there are 3 CT32 or Awe32's, and another 3 or 4 creative cards.

The description doesn't match the pics though, and the more I look at the text the more confused I am. The seller didn't have any other sound card listings either active or ended, but that text doesn't match up with what I'm looking at.

Anyone care to help me figure out what I've just bought. I'm having buyer's remorse already.

Reply 356 of 52737, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

img_1915njrc.jpg

- GUS MAX
- GUS PNP
- MPU401 AT
- MIDIMAN 1x
- SB AWE64
- Voodoo1
- 2x 386DX40
- 2x 387 Co-Processor
- FDD cable
- Power adapter for case fans

got some stuff to do now 😁

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 357 of 52737, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SavantStrike wrote:

Well, I never get this lucky, but for 30 bucks (and free shippiing), I got a lot of 12 ISA sound cards guranteed not doa. In the pile it looks like there are 3 CT32 or Awe32's, and another 3 or 4 creative cards.

The description doesn't match the pics though, and the more I look at the text the more confused I am. The seller didn't have any other sound card listings either active or ended, but that text doesn't match up with what I'm looking at.

Anyone care to help me figure out what I've just bought. I'm having buyer's remorse already.

It could be possible the buyer used a pic that's not of the items themselves.
In that case the info written is usually the correct one.

I'm not sure what your rights are if the items you receive are not the items that are pictured though.

Report spammers here!

Reply 358 of 52737, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
It could be possible the buyer used a pic that's not of the items themselves. In that case the info written is usually the corre […]
Show full quote
SavantStrike wrote:

It could be possible the buyer used a pic that's not of the items themselves.
In that case the info written is usually the correct one.

I'm not sure what your rights are if the items you receive are not the items that are pictured though.

Yeah, it's a bit of a grey area. Even if I only get the description and not the picture, I didn't get burned, although I really hope I get the stuff in the picture as it looks like there's a SB PRO in the pile. The seller lists two Creative SB 32's (basically AWE 32's without the wavetable header and 1MB rom, but they can take memory for sound fonts), an Awe64 value, and a Crystal based SB 16 clone. It looks like the Aztech cards are also SB clones from my preliminary research.

This was really just a way for me to get my hands on something with a legimate OPL3 (and hopefully even a 2)! I wasn't planning on keeping all 12 (or 10 if it's from that picture)? Keep a few and part with the rest at rock bottom ebay prices (not even enough to turn a profit). Someone will want a few of those cards, so I figure I'll just be spreading the love 😀. If I had asked a question and waited for a response from the seller, I risked a fellow VOGON'er running across that auction and buying the whole lot, because there are people here who would stockpile all 12 of the cards 😁. Then I'd have to buy cards individually and pay through the nose.

Reply 359 of 52737, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Damn you guys, the flea markets near me suck. Might get lucky and see someone selling their Willamette P4 Pavilion or whatever for $40. I'd do unspeakable things to see a GUS as a local market.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread