VOGONS

Crusader No Remorse released on GOG!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

www.gog.com/en/gamecard/crusader_no_remorse

Overview:
As a Silencer, one of the elite enforcers of the World Economic Consortium, you're supposed to be incorruptible. But if the system you serve is utterly corrupt, where does that leave you? You go over to the Resistance, the same pack you used to hunt down. Now, your former employers better watch their backs because you're coming after them with all the firepower at your command.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hooray for horrible controls!!! 😉
(but seriously I like that EA makes those Origin classics available via gog)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

*remembers the horrors of making them run and fixing the keyboard problems*

(I didn't do the making them run debugging. Only the keyboard problems)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I really should pick this game up sometime now that it's up on GOG. I used to have the demo version awhile back and I can remember the controlls were frustrating but that the overall gameplay was fun. I completely forget how I obtained the demo version though... I don't even know if I have it hiding somewhere on one of my shareware/demo CDs.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 7 of 9, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About controls... I remember that sometimes my silencer got "stuck" keys (i.e.: the silencer was spinning to the right until I pressed and released again right).

Was that something related to my SNES-LPT1 gamepad or did it happen also with keyboard?

Also, in one of the later missions, after seeing the video where the mole is discovered, a door opened but it had a force field active. I wandered all around the level and never found how to disable that force field. Was that a bug, ot did I overlooked something?

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 9 of 9, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I only used the keyboard. I have both games still on CD. I remember many people complaining about Ultima 8's controls, but since they were nearly identical to the Crusader games, I didn't have any trouble with them.

I might have to load it up and try with a gamepad one of these days.