VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The attached .sdb makes Warlords III Darklords Rising playable on Windows 7 machines. Two things are fixed:

ForceDirectDrawEmulation - fixes color palette issues
EmulateGetDiskFreeSpace - prevents the game from complaining about disk space on startup

Simply unpack the archive and run wl3dr_compatibility.bat to install the fix. The batch file has to be run with administrative rights (right click, run as administrator)!

When playing Warlords 3, Darklord.exe should be called with the parameter /WINCURSOR

Attachments

Last edited by dosmax on 2012-07-05, 15:21. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1 of 6, by barkmann

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the fix for this game alrthough I still get color issues, they all look wrong although I've set compatibility to 256 colors. Any hints as to what else I can try? (win 7 64 bit)

cheers!

Reply 3 of 6, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
barkmann wrote:

thanks for the fix for this game alrthough I still get color issues, they all look wrong although I've set compatibility to 256 colors. Any hints as to what else I can try? (win 7 64 bit)

cheers!

Did you install the fix properly using MS ACT 5.x?

Reply 5 of 6, by barkmann

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had no luck with this at all despite the cluesticks.

Can anyone point me to a general twiki/info on applying this kind of fix?

thanks in advance.

filipetolhuizen wrote:
barkmann wrote:

cheers!

Did you install the fix properly using MS ACT 5.x?

Reply 6 of 6, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks like the install batch file wasn't working properly under all circumstances.

Please download the fix again from the first post, extract the archive to any folder and then simply run wl3dr_compatibility.bat as administrator (right click the batch file, select run as administrator).

If everything went smooth, you should find a entry called "Warlord III - Darklords Rising Compatibility Fix" under Control Panel/Programs and Features afterwards.

It's totally normal that the exe stays the same, the fix changes some registry settings. And you don't need to install the ACT, the program used for installing the patch (sdbinst.exe) should exist on any Windows 7 machine.