VOGONS

Reply 20 of 39, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Or are you a person who reports bugs and what not to the developers of DOSbox ?

Why are you talking about it if you obviously don't have a single clue?

Are we talking about fucking/messing around ?

You are talking about it, no idea why.

After all, I do have humour

Don't tell!

Reply 21 of 39, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

wd: please elaborate on what you mean author means in the context you are talking about.

And you mentioned mating as carnal knowledge, and then I said to you. Of course I am messing with you, as in the context of mating effing and all that. Cause I do have humour, since it is not always carnal knowledge. when I am messing with people. Cause in your case I was just having some good old fun with words. Since you did not like me calling you mate, matey 😀

Since messing, effing and mating has at least two meanings. After all, I doubt you are Auntie Ogg, from Discworld. Or you are insinuating I am gay, cause then you are stepping into a territory you should NOT venture any further. Since then I will be angry .

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2024-02-26, 15:54. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 22 of 39, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Why are you saying that only people that are contributing code to dosbox can call themselves authors of Dosbox and at the same time deny Qbix and wd the title? Do you really have no clue?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 39, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Since you did not like me calling you mate, matey

Thanks for the respect towards me.

wd: please elaborate on what you mean author means in the context you are talking about.

Means the same as everywhere else. Are you talking about my "title" or are you still trying
to discredit somebody like Qbix who programmed large parts of dosbox and is responsible for
what the code looks like in its best sense, by questioning that he's one of the authors besides Harekiet?

Reply 24 of 39, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

Why are you saying that only people that are contributing code to dosbox can call themselves authors of Dosbox and at the same time deny Qbix and wd the title? Do you really have no clue?

Seriously What was that about ? I am just pointing out a misleading thing, which is the title. Let us say, you were the author of a book named Robinson Crusoe, and everybody said "no Daniel Defoe is the only guy who has made/written/authored Robin Crusoe!". Then they would be wrong, cause I personally have a book based on the same tale as the Daniel Defoe book, written by a guy named J. H. Campe, and the title of that book is Robinson Krusoe.

Reply 25 of 39, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

wd: thanks for clarifying for the first time what I have been pondered about, so after all. Qbix, and you have contributed code to the awesome emulator DOSbox, but the last time Qbix and I had that discussion, I was NOT aware of that. I just had the understanding, that it was only a title and nothing more. wd, thank you for the clarification.

and wd, I only called you the word. In all courtesy and respect. Not out of spite. After all, I think the word, is better than so many other words.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2011-11-28, 21:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 39, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wd wrote:

Let us say, you were the author of a book named Robinson Crusoe

The book of dosbox was written by several people, is that something that reaches a part of your brain?

could you please read my last statement / post ?

Reply 28 of 39, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i've seen some derailments from you wolv

but THIS IS THE MOST NONSENSICAL STUPID POINTLESS DERAILMENT OVER SOMETHING TRIVIAL EVER

By the way, here's the authors of the DOSBox book since you seem to think wd is sporting the title for personal ego satisfaction all of the others in that group (besides one) have it, and Harekiet has DOSBox CREATOR.

Last edited by leileilol on 2011-11-28, 21:57. Edited 1 time in total.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 29 of 39, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Seriously What was that about ? I am just pointing out a misleading thing, which is the title. Let us say, you were the author of a book named Robinson Crusoe, and everybody said "no Daniel Defoe is the only guy who has made/written/authored Robin Crusoe!". Then they would be wrong, cause I personally have a book based on the same tale as the Daniel Defoe book, written by a guy named J. H. Campe, and the title of that book is Robinson Krusoe.

Before accusing anyone for not being the author of something you should check the facts. Actually that is true for all accusing being done. I can't believe you were all this time badmouthing qbix just not aware of the simple fact that he is indeed one of the authors of Dosbox...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 30 of 39, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Damn I feel embarrassed, but hey I learn something new every day.

Sorry guys, or girls(just to be on the equal side of things). I meant no disrespect all , so if a friendly moderator. Can delete the bollocks . Then go right ahead.

Reply 32 of 39, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:
guys and gals boys and girls DOSBox Author is not a title, it is a rank DOSBox Creator is a title […]
Show full quote

guys and gals
boys and girls
DOSBox Author is not a title, it is a rank
DOSBox Creator is a title

Okay. Fine, then you can call me a civilian. That is my "rank". My title is what it is, until I can change it to music lover. Since I love music 😀

Reply 33 of 39, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Everybody who has the DOSBox Author "badge" has write access to the DOSBox code (and thus directly contributes to DOSBox), this includes wd. I hope this clears the misunderstanding.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!