VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nope, not for the FTP portion, that's the whole point. 😀

File extension restrictions still apply, as per the OP. The FTP server won't stop you uploading anything, but you'll be prevented from adding files to the database if the files don't have a permitted extension.

Use discretion too, don't do silly stuff like upload a 2GB ZIP file that's just full of smaller ZIP files. If you have a big archive full of various drivers, consider splitting it up so the individual drivers appear on the site. It will help when I get the keyword search up and running.

Elianda's given me some suggestions for improving the upload experience, which I'll have a stab at implementing later today.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 62 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2012-01-10
==========
- FTP Upload Processing now has the same BBCode editor available as the single file upload and file editing interfaces.

Reply 64 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

😀

I had to take a bit of a break from coding over my Christmas holiday, but it's good to be back!

Reply 65 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some ideas that I'm tossing around:

- An image for each category, to appear at the top of the page when you enter that category, just to spruce up the appearance of the site.
- Separate fields for uploader and contributor, since occasionally I or someone else will upload files that were originally uploaded by another VOGONS forumer. I currently put that info in the description, but maybe a dedicated field would be nicer?

Yea or nay?

Reply 66 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2012-01-12
==========
- Added a statement on "fair use".

I am not a lawyer, but I can't see any reason why our site should cause me any legal grief, as long as we use common sense about what goes on there.

Reply 68 of 1461, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SquallStrife, I'm just wondering if you can replace the current ad with the one by GOG.com? It will be more...uh...nice. It's ok if not possible.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 69 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'll go one better and take the ad off. There's just not enough traffic for it to be worthwhile.

The site has made 67c of revenue, since the time it was created. 😜

Reply 70 of 1461, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SquallStrife, that's very nice of you! I already saw the gog banner, which is quite pleasing, and more relevant to us, classic gamers. Thanks!

And also , you can place a "Donate" button if you want, to help maintain the server cost. I'll be glad to help by giving some, maybe not much, but just some, each month or two. 😀

Reply 71 of 1461, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SquallStrife, having a problem with the vogonsdrivers ftp server. I'm not sure if the local domain is causing the problem :

While using FileZilla to upload, the ftp server stops responding and I could never reconnect again. I think resetting the IP may work, but currently trying to upload from the workplace, and can't reset my router-modem frequently.

And then, I can't access vogonsdrivers site too (the satus bar shows waiting for www. . Don't know why. Maybe I should try uploading from home. Yesterday I had the same problem too.

Any port to be forwarded in the router?

Thanks.

Reply 72 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Those are strange problems indeed, Malik. I can't say I've had any FTP issues like that before, however, I've had trouble accessing the site from my workplace occasionally too.

I'd just try again from home.

Reply 73 of 1461, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Apologies if this is a known problem, but I'd like to upload an .ISO image, but it's too big. It is 100,952 KB. Please can you make a suggestion as to what I do next? I have made this .ISO image file using the ImgBurn utility. Thanks.

Reply 75 of 1461, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Excellent! Your FTP .PDF guide made this whole process effortless. Thanks very much. I have managed to successfully upload the zipped .ISO CD-ROM image file for the VideoLogic PowerVR Apocalypse 3Dx Drivers & Demos CD-ROM. The download link is here.

Reply 77 of 1461, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have transferred all the Windows 3.x/NT graphics card drivers to Vogonsdrivers. Clicking on my link in the signature will take you there directly.

In the process of transferring Sound Blaster Drivers.

Reply 78 of 1461, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys, I am going on a hiatus with the drivers stuff. Cause I have been to busy with the occupy movement, and other stuff around it. And just learning like crazy lately. So guys, I will pop in extremely infrequently because of real life.

TheMAN wrote:

I have some I want to upload as well... feeling left out in the dark....

Mate , remember to contact the strife of Squall aka. SquallStrife via a PM and he will probably make your wish come true about uploading.

Reply 79 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There seems to be a bug, where I get forbidden access error for example for this file:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/files/Windows_3. … tima_Models.zip

Just a raw guess, does it has a problem with the , in the filename.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool