VOGONS

Reply 20 of 48, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like a lot of it is bog-standard Intel Chipset Software installers and stuff.

Pick out the interesting bits and pieces, then stick em on our driver library (see my sig).

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 22 of 48, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:

Looks like a lot of it is bog-standard Intel Chipset Software installers and stuff.

Pick out the interesting bits and pieces, then stick em on our driver library (see my sig).

You're right, but I don't know what to pick!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 23 of 48, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
SquallStrife wrote:

You're right, but I don't know what to pick!

You definitely need all the motherboard BIOS versions. That's a good place to start.

Reply 24 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Robin4 wrote:

How far are you? It looks mine could take a while.. 50.356K/sec its downloading on mine client.. Asked myself if this could be faster.. I think switching from LAN adapter shouldnt work.. Maybe the client could be the problem, because its a unregisterd version.. Smaller files its really faster about xxx.xxx bytes.

If it goes to xx.xxx.xxx bytes it could take i while..

Well, half way thru I recon, down to 7GB still queued to download.

It appears their upstream is rate limited, perhaps per connection too since I'm using only a single connection.

I did receive a message stating that only 2 concurrent connections were allowed at the same time.

EDIT:

Now down to 4GB left to download 😀

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 25 of 48, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Doesn't Filezilla keep track of your downloads? Windows did an update and reboot on me while I was asleep last night and now there's no files queued in Filezilla. Do I have to start over now or is there some way I can continue where it left off?

Reply 26 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

Doesn't Filezilla keep track of your downloads? Windows did an update and reboot on me while I was asleep last night and now there's no files queued in Filezilla. Do I have to start over now or is there some way I can continue where it left off?

Good question, I know that it queued all the files for me but since I do a manual update rather then automatic I wasn't worried about a reboot.

Try it out with a single folder and then force quit the app and then relaunch it to see if the queue recovers or not.

I'm now down to 500MB left 😁

EDIT:

Good news, finally finished downloading a few minutes ago, I will attempt to use 7zip to compress it down so it can fit onto a single, dual-layer DVD disc.

Reply 27 of 48, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I do think filezilla should keep track if it gets closed in a civilized manner... but that precludes Windows Update-induced smackdowns.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 28 of 48, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BigBodZod wrote:
Good question, I know that it queued all the files for me but since I do a manual update rather then automatic I wasn't worried […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:

Good question, I know that it queued all the files for me but since I do a manual update rather then automatic I wasn't worried about a reboot.

Try it out with a single folder and then force quit the app and then relaunch it to see if the queue recovers or not.

EDIT:

Good news, finally finished downloading a few minutes ago, I will attempt to use 7zip to compress it down so it can fit onto a single, dual-layer DVD disc.

Awesome. 😁 If you do that, can you upload it please? 😁

Reply 29 of 48, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
BigBodZod wrote:
Good question, I know that it queued all the files for me but since I do a manual update rather then automatic I wasn't worried […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:

EDIT:

Awesome. 😁 If you do that, can you upload it please? 😁

Dito 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 30 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, all has been downloaded and when I recompressed with 7zip into DVD Sized Split Volumes of 4.7GB each it still came out to 3 parts, totalling about 10.4GB in size.

I was hoping for a bit more compression but that is all that could be had, still very good considering it started at over 15GB and there were plenty of zip archives to compress as well.

If there is an official/unofficial repo to upload this to for general access then please advise, thanks 😀

Reply 31 of 48, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Any chance you can torrent it and share the love? That way it's more likely to "survive".

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 32 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Any chance you can torrent it and share the love? That way it's more likely to "survive".

AH no, only due to the fact I have a Comcast connection and do no want to tempt fate 😉

This is why I was looking for an FTP server or something like this.

I may end up trying to share via an FTP server as Filezilla also has an open source app for this too.

Reply 33 of 48, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I also ripped Abit's FTP server, all directories. Compressed the data a bit, still takes somewhere 'round 18 GB. 4 zip files are corrupt (on all of Abit's FTP servers) but kept them in just in case.

\picture\motherboard\in9-32x-max_box_jpg.zip: The archive is corrupt
\picture\motherboard\lg-95_angle_jpg.zip: The archive is corrupt
\pub\download\driver2\amd_cnq\v11018xp.zip: Unexpected end of archive
\pub\download\driver2\intel_pro1000_lan\pro1000_10.zip: The archive is corrupt

Any suggestions where to put it? I have created a torrent for the moment.

Reply 34 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:
Hi all, […]
Show full quote

Hi all,

I also ripped Abit's FTP server, all directories. Compressed the data a bit, still takes somewhere 'round 18 GB. 4 zip files are corrupt (on all of Abit's FTP servers) but kept them in just in case.

Nice to see somebody create a torrent for this collection, thanks 😀

Reply 35 of 48, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi guys, good to see there are a few of us that have the files now. I'm going to grab the torrent, so I have a mirror at my place.

Interesting statistic: The top 20 files size-wise make up almost 11GB by themselves. They are all either generic drivers (like nforce_chip.rar 3.6GB), manuals, or rars from the "pictures" folder.

Seems like there might less than a GB of unique files worth keeping.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 38 of 48, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rcblanke wrote:
Hi all, […]
Show full quote

Hi all,

You might want to make a magnet link, too. There's whispers going around about servers that host .torrent files being eliminated in favor of direct peer to peer sharing via magnet links.

Reply 39 of 48, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2CEF1A56BF066E7FDA67701252031DEDD5D81866&dn=ftp.abit.com.tw&tr=http%3a//denis.stalker.h3q.com%3a6969/announce

[url] does not accept magnet protocol links 😊