VOGONS

First post, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i reinstalled my windows98 rig recently cause i had taken its harddisk to use on another computer for a few months before. and when i attempted to open windowsupdate, the page just kept refreshing itself(blank page) endlessly.

Reply 3 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Both mdgx and the MSFN forums have been the place to go for Windows 9x updates for quite some time.

But only for English Windows updates though 🙁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
DosFreak wrote:

Both mdgx and the MSFN forums have been the place to go for Windows 9x updates for quite some time.

But only for English Windows updates though 🙁

I think it's fairly safe to assume that anyone who comes here looking for help is sufficiently fluent in English that running Windows in English shouldn't be a problem.

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think it's fairly safe to assume that anyone who comes here looking for help is sufficiently fluent in English that running Windows in English shouldn't be a problem.

You need an English copy of Windows 9x for that. If you just have a different language version you have a problem.

Not to mention that we had a couple of posters that clearly are not fluent enough in English for us to understand them.... 😀

Reply 6 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:

You need an English copy of Windows 9x for that. If you just have a different language version you have a problem.

Not to mention that we had a couple of posters that clearly are not fluent enough in English for us to understand them.... 😀

There is an unofficial SP for 98SE in Dutch as well, I think it was version 2.0a or something. The only time I tried it, it worked well.

I was lucky enough to be gifted an English 98SE and later bought an English ME on ebay. Don't think I have an English 95 though, perhaps I downloaded one at some time

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 8, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My russian Win98SE can not be updated too. Will try english version then. It's good to have this update server, even after I install unofficial SP2 it still can download some updates including IE.

Reply 8 of 8, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's a couple of extensive threads on MSFN on how and where to download any update in any language you need, just search the forums there.