User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:
CONFIRMED WORKING! […]
Show full quote

CONFIRMED WORKING!

My programmer and some GAL chips arrived today, so I got busy and programmed the JED file onto a couple of GAL16V8D chips, then stuck them and two SAA1099 chips into both of my Sound Blaster 2.0's 😀

kO3B6s.jpg

You do require the CMS driver here: http://cloudschatze.googlepages.com/CMSDRV.com which isn't included in the Creative downloadable driver pack, but once that's done the CMS support is functional. Tested Loom and Monkey Island 1 so far, works perfectly, although the sound seems a lot more filtered and nowhere near as loud, as a real CMS/Game Blaster.

Whats the type of gal you are using?? Because i cant read the specs what written on it.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 82 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

so DK it works fine on your rev0 1350? or you got fooled like me, hearing CMS and then not bother checking the SB part? 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 83 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't have that card any more, I gave it to SquallStrife.

I thought that card was faulty. It worked with Adlib and CMS, but the digital never worked, even before I put the GAL/SAA1099P chips in it. When I gave it away the CMS had stopped working too.

I have a rev 3 card not in the picture, both the rev 3 and rev 4 cards work perfectly, CMS, adlib, digital.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 84 of 468, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Where are y'all getting your SAA1099P chips from? Two places I've enquired at haven't returned my emails, and I don't fancy paying $10/chip on eBay.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 85 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SquallStrife , I got mine from www.utsource.net and before that eBay for 10+$/piece

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 86 of 468, by maddmaxstar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got my SAA1099P's for 10$ shipped from UTSource.net. They arrived pretty quickly from Singapore too, under 2 weeks.

I don't check this page for a week and theres 2 full pages of comments... I saw earlier mention of my issues with the chips on my card. The issue was me, I thought the CMS jumper needed to be on when it was supposed to be off (I didn't see the OFF in CMSOFF). I removed the jumper and it works fine. No issues with Adlib/Sound Blaster functions either.

I'll take a picture of my card and look for its revision number in a bit, probably the morning as it's late here 😜

= Phenom II X6 1090T(HD4850) =
= K7-550(V3-3000) =
= K6-2+ 500(V3-2000) =
= Pentium 75 Gold(Voodoo1) =
= Am486DX4-120(3DXpression+) =
= TI486DLC-40(T8900D) =
= i386sx-16+i387(T8900D) =

Reply 88 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New GAL chips have arrived!

Please see the Amibay thread for info.

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=277845#post277845

Note that price has changed.

I also ask people to post in the thread at Amibay, rather than PM me here, as its easier for me to keep track of everything in the one thread and I don't want to be seen to be circumventing the 'no trading' rule here.

Reply 89 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have confirmation that a REV 2 card works perfectly with these GAL chips. It seems that only original version cards without a revision number have an issue.

Reply 90 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just a small update, Chuck(G) notified me he received the rev0 card I sent him, all we need now is to wait patiently and hopefully he will find out what is wrong 😀

Reply 92 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nope, not yet... I assume Chuck(G) hasn't look at it yet, he has some more work before that... and personally I am not bugging him about that since there is no real hurry and he is infact doing a favor to the community 😀
If it wasn't for him then noone would have a clone chip 😁 so let him take his time

Reply 93 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it seems some advancement was made on the problem , look here: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showt … v0-CT1350/page3

Reply 95 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I will try it on my rev 3 and 4 cards; but they already work with the existing JED files so I don't know if it will prove anything. I no longer have a rev 0 card to test with.

Reply 96 of 468, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

With the GAL removed, that SB card you gave me works OK.

If you burn the new image to a chip, you could send it this way and I could test it.

(Also, I could send you back the presumably working GAL that I have)

Reply 97 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Both FM and digital sound?

PM your postage address and I'll try to program a chip this weekend with the new codes 😀

Reply 98 of 468, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:

Both FM and digital sound?

PM your postage address and I'll try to program a chip this weekend with the new codes 😀

Yeah, both. 😀