D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1660 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@T.B.:
The runtime library control used for the games list is not supporting more than one image per list entry, so having a second image in each line is not possible.

@001:
You can sort the games list by any column just by clicking the column header. And a second click on the same header changes the sort direction. Grouping is only available via tree structure. Grouping like email programs can do is not supported by the ... runtime library control. Sorry.

Reply 1663 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again Alexander! 😀

There was a request on the DFR Facebook page, told them that I would pass it along.

Here it is: "Would you consider (for a new release that is) offering a setup dialog so we can choose between: 1. Simple as hell, 2. Moderate, 3. Advanced as hell?"

He was referring to the user interface. He had found a picture of an old version linked here:

http://www.oldgames.sk/images/oldgames/progra … /d-fend-320.gif

Thanks!
Steve

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1664 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have also thought some times about making the DFR user interface easier. But if I would start to divide the features into basic and advanced features, two things would happen:

1. Users would ask "Why is X only availble in advanced mode, I need X but do not want to have all the rest of the advanced features." And sooner or later we would not have 2 or 3 different GUI modes but 2^{# of features} modes.
2. In some support / old games forums I would be able to read: "How can I do X in DFR?", answer: "Use the menu item X.", question again: "But there is no menu item X here.". By now I already get mails from DFR users who ask me to implement things that are already there.

So making a basic and an advanced mode in my eyes is no good idea. But we could think of making the menu structure easier and better in general (in particular the profile, the extras and the context menu). So if anybody has some ideas how to make the things easier findable in DFR, this would be very welcome. (Otherwise I will close the feature merge window for 1.3 and will release 1.3b1 soon.)

Reply 1665 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good morning everybody,
I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3b2. This version is string complete to 1.3final, so if you want to update your translation for the upcoming 1.3 release this is the right point to start. Between 1.3b2 and 1.3final only bugs will be fixed, no new features (requiring new language strings) will be added before 1.3final.

Reply 1666 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3b2", Portable structure.

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3b2. This version is string complete to 1.3final, so if you want to update your translation for the upcoming 1.3 release this is the right point to start.

I have translated and finished the "French Canada", "French" translation for v1.3 . See files included.

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    139.17 KiB
    Downloads
    256 downloads
    File comment
    French Canada
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    139.22 KiB
    Downloads
    264 downloads
    File comment
    French
    File license
Last edited by sst on 2012-03-30, 20:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1667 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I've done Russian translation for 1.3.

Attachments

• Filename
    dfr_130_russian.zip
    File size
    39.13 KiB
    Downloads
    262 downloads
    File license

Reply 1669 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander.
I have fixed Turkish language new strings for DFR 1.3

Attachments

• Filename
    NewLanguageStrings13.rar
    File size
    1.18 KiB
    Downloads
    175 downloads
    File comment
    TR 1.3
    File license

Reply 1671 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, Alexander and all. What's up, people? It's been some time since last version, huh? I hope everything is OK. See attached Brazilian Portuguese INI file for version 1.3b2 as requested by email.

Regards.

Attachments

• Filename
    Portuguese-BR-1.3b2.ini
    File size
    132.15 KiB
    Downloads
    272 downloads
    File license

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Reply 1672 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Cpt.Guapo,
thank you very much for updating your translation.

Now only 4 translations are missing: Czech, Dutch, Polish and Spanish. If anybody would like to help me with these translations this would be great.

Reply 1673 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3rc1. If everything is fine with this release candidate, I will release 1.3final within a few days.

Reply 1676 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3", Portable structure.

PortableApps version of D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.0 zip package
D-Fend-Reloaded-1.3.0-Portable.paf.exe

With a completly new installation, this version 1.3 final, display "Release Candidate 1" inside the software title.

Reply 1678 of 2280, by SamUle1994

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

View DOSbox CONF file for a game and see this:
# This DOSBox configuration file was automatically created by D-Fend Reloaded.
# Changes made to this file will NOT be transfered to D-Rend Reloaded profiles list.
# D-Fend Reloaded will delete this file from temp directory on program close.

So how exactly do I make changes that WILL be transferred, and that acctually make a difference to the game I'm playing?
I'd like to have fullscreen = false and output = opengl, so that fraps recording will work.

Reply 1679 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good job as always, Alexander. Much appreciated.

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."