VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 1461, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TheMAN wrote:

upload away.... that's the whole point of this repository... lots of people either lost their disks or they no longer work... or they bought 2nd hand hardware without the disks and couldn't enjoy its full potential

One minor problem, I don't know how to create an account 😦.

Reply 101 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2012-02-09
========
- Added a reminder on the upload form about the permitted extensions. (This wasn't actually mentioned on the site anywhere, only in this thread!)
- Driver entries will now show if they've been updated since the file was uploaded. Entries that haven't been edited will show NA in this field.
- Just for information, the dates and times shown on the site are United States central time, GMT-6 (or -5 during daylight saving)

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 102 of 1461, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DonutKing wrote:

I don't suppose anybody has a Win98 driver for the Vortex Advantage AU8810 sound card? I've tried a couple that I've found on google but they don't seem to work.

I've just uploaded an AU8810 driver. I don't know if it works, or if it's one you've already tried.

However, I remember installing a driver (I think it may have been this one) and Windows then refused to load saying there was a Windows Protection Error every time. I assumed it was because it was the wrong card (I don't actually know which Vortex card I have). Nevertheless, use this driver at your own risk 😉.

EDIT: I just looked at my Vortex card. It's an AU8820, so that's probably why 😀.

Reply 103 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2012-03-29
========
- Added a rudimentary keyword search feature
-- Searches file title, filename, and description fields
-- Supports some boolean features:

apple bee carrot - Will find entries that contain all of these words"

apple bee -carrot - Will find entries that contain 'apple' and 'bee', but exclude results that contain 'carrot'.

apple bee <carrot - Will find entries that contain 'apple' and 'bee', and optionally 'carrot', ranking those results lower

apple bee >carrot - Will find entries that contain 'apple' and 'bee', and optionally 'carrot', ranking those results higher.

apple bee* - Will find entries that contain 'apple' and words beginning with 'bee*' For example 'bees' 'beet' 'beef' etc

apple "beef pie" - Will find entries that contain 'apple' and also the exact phrase "beef pie"

-- To get the maximum benefit from this feature, it would be good for anybody who's uploaded stuff to go through and make sure there are some details in the "description" field. Model numbers and that kind of details would be just awesome, if you happen to own those devices.

-- For time being, the minimum word length is 4 characters, I am working to fix this with the hosting provider.

Reply 104 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I found the reason for the 403 forbidden error:
If I set in Firefox
network.http.sendRefererHeader = 0
then vogonsdrivers blocks the download.
I'am not sure how well the deep link protection still works if you would allow also Referer = (None).

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 105 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, I know it seems a bit paranoid, but it stops people linking the files offsite and saying "Just copy+paste the URL to download".

I can turn that off if it's a problem though, won't take a minute.

Edit: I just permitted blank referrers. Can you try now?

Reply 106 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

CONGRATULATIONS

I've just registered our 20th user!

We now have 317 drivers online. 7.13GB of retro grade awesome.

You guys are just great! 😀

Reply 107 of 1461, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey SquallStrife,

I love the site. How are you off for hosting? I can provide some hosting in Australia if you require any extra. No cost.

Michael.

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 109 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would like to suggest another feature.
How about links to images of the specific hardware that belongs to the driver.
I know there is an image functionality already, but I think it is too limited.

f.e. I have already a lot of images of boards online, so I would like to add a link to them.
I'am not sure what the best solution for representation would be.

I could imagine the following:
If it is a link with a photo that was not done by the person who added the link, then just present the textlink.

If it is a link where the person who adds it has the rights, then allow the choice to add either a textlink or generate a thumbnail from the external image and present it as thumbnail with link to the original sized external version.

The name of the user who added the image or image link should be visible of course.

To prevent dead links add some job that runs once a day that checks for 404. If there was a 404 for maybe one or two weeks, remove the link automatically. I know that some providers reroute 404 to internal valid pages which is in my opinion a bad behavior.

I would also like to see a bit more information in the description of some uploaded drivers, f.e. most of Maliks contributions.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel

Reply 110 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you want, I could just switch on inline images in the description field, which would work just like posting images on these forums.

That would be quick and easy, would it fit your purpose?

Reply 111 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your wish is my command!

The only thing is that you now need to be logged in to edit files, but I think the only people working on the site are the people with accounts anyway. 😀

Reminder to anyone watching, if you want an account, just PM me on here!

2012-07-25
========
- Enabled the [img]and[/img] tags in file descriptions
- Now require users to be logged in to edit file information
- Captcha is no longer used to edit file information
- For images to display, file info must be edited by the same person that uploaded it (Trial feature, as per elianda's suggestion, if it gets too annoying I can turn it off in a few minutes)
- The person that last edited the file is now shown in the file info.

What's coming:
- Automatic thumbnailing of large images

Reply 112 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am currently working on a Matrox Marvel G200-TV with DVD-Module. Now while the driver from Matrox Website works fine, I miss a dvd player program that supports the accelerator module. As far as Internet(tm) tells me, there should be a Zoran SoftDVD player on the CD that came with the dvd module. It is not on the Marvel G200-TV driver cd. So maybe someone has the cd for the dvd upgrade module for a Matrox Marvel G200-TV?

Or does someone knows another dvd player program that supports and uses hardware acceleration with the zoran dvd accelerator board?

Youtube Channel

Reply 115 of 1461, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I've send you a PM containing a link for the following:

ViewSonic Monitor Installation Disk
U.S. Robotics I-modem Configuration Manager (Version 1.2.2)
U.S. Robotics Fax and I-Modem Driver Disk (Version 3.7)
U.S. Robotics Fax and I-Modem Driver Disk (Version 2.0)
Sysgration Window Mouse Driver (Version 1.01)
D-Link SN-3200 PCI Ethernet Adapter Driver (Jun 15 1998)
Realtek RTL8139C PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (Version 1.20)
Realtek RTL8139-810X Fast Ethernet Adapter (Version 5.502.1231.2001)
Oki OL 400w Printer Driver
NEC Atapi-IDE CD-Rom Driver (Rev D011V110.ENG019)
Cirrus Logic Display Drivers and Utilities (Version 1.30)
Iomega Zip-drive Tools (Version 5.1)
HP SureStore External CD-Writer Plus Driver (Version 1.36)
LT Windows Modem V.90 Data+Fax Modem Version (Version 5.31)
Philips High-Speed CD-ROM Driver (Version 4.14)
Generic (CD Tech?) CD-ROM driver ATAPI (Version 3.2)
Crystal Semiconductor Corp CS4237B (Version 1.80)
Compex RL2000 PnP Series Ethernet Adapter
A4Tech iWheelWorks (version 7.0)
3Com Modem Driver (Version 5.01)
3Com Megahertz Lan 10-100 Cardbus PC Card (Version 2.2)
3Com EtherLink III Lan PC Card (Version 5.3)
3Com 3c90x Etherlink Drivers

Reply 116 of 1461, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just made a BIN/CUE of the Techworks Vortex2 Superquad installer disc since I just popped the shrinkwrap on the brand new one I got today and just need to get it uploaded somehow. I guess I need to have my login allowed for the site?