VOGONS

First post, by daehlerr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am a newbie to the DOSBox Keymapper. I have tried to find the answer to my question in Keymapper documentation and earlier posts, but no luck so far. Problem: DOSBox (v0.74) ignores the [`~] (key_grave with/without SHIFT) on my Microsoft Natural keyboard. Everything else sees it, so I know the physical key works. DOSBox reports it's using keyboard layout US103, which looks right. Keymapper shows a perfectly good key map. When I click on the [`~] block in Keymapper, it says event "key_grave" is bound to "Key `", which looks right. But pressing that physical key in DOSBox has no effect. Pressing [Next] in Keymapper does not show any other mappings for that key. When I try to [Add] a mapping to the key_grave event and press the physical [`~] key, Keymapper says "BIND: Key unknown key". Any ideas how I can get Keymapper/DOSBox to see that physical key? Thanks.

Richard D-W

Reply 2 of 4, by daehlerr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for your reply. Here's the info. Please let me know if I left something out.
DOSBox v 0.74 (reported DOS version 5.00)
RAM: 6GB
Language: US English
When I run "mem" inside DOSBox, it reports
632 Kb free conventional memory
63 Kb free upper memory in 1 blocks (largest UMB 63 Kb)
15168 Kb free extended memory
15168 Kb free expanded memory

Richard D-W

Reply 3 of 4, by daehlerr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh yes, you asked about other keys. Everything seems to work EXCEPT:
[+=] (Event: key_equals BIND:Key =)
[ [ ] (Event: key_lbracket BIND:Key [)
[ ] ] (Event: key_rbracket BIND:Key ]) -- This one generates LEFT bracket on screen.
[ \| ] (NOT SHOWN in Keymapper layout. Just above Enter on my keyboard.) -- This one generates RIGHT bracket on screen.
[ '" ] (Event: key_quote BIND:Key ')
[Numbers on the keypad] (Event: key_kp_x BIND:Key [x]) -- although the operations (/*-+) work OK.
(Function keys DO appear to work OK.)

Thanks again,
Richard

Richard D-W