VOGONS

Reply 20 of 27, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, wasn't it MidiYoke where you can decide to route each channel to a different Midi Device?

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 21 of 27, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
elianda wrote:

Maybe it is a bit OT, but what camera did you bought to record this footage?
I am still considering buying some camera for indoor recording of computer stuff usually with bad artificial light. Can you recommend one?

To be honest I am the wrong person to talk about this as I don't know much. What I do know however is that the size of the sensor is the most emportant thing when it comes to indoor / low light filming.

If you are not a mole like me and living in a dark man-cave, a bit of sunlight makes the videos better. So it really comes down to spending more money for the better models with larger sensors.

The camera I bought is a Sanyo Xacti SH1. I got it because it has heaps of manual settings (like manual focus for example which is great for filming something off a screen), good battery life and affordable (~ 200).

Another option is using a SLR camera for filming. They have much better sensors but again I don't know enough to really give good tips.

In short if it's a cheap camera you need LOTS of light.

Reply 23 of 27, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice video, and great setup you have there!

Reply 24 of 27, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great video, favorited!

Reply 25 of 27, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just shot another short recording of Privateer. I got quite a few game requests but I don't have any of them and they are all on CDs (often several) and not available from GOG.com either 😒

I used the SB16 in this case as it allowed me to set the mixer and avoid the clipping issue I had with the MPU401AT.

I also tried using the ESS AudioDrive but it has the wavetable header rotated by 180 degrees which makes it impossible to mount the wavetable card. So I would also need to build a ribbon cable for that one 😀

Will link the video shortly.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 27 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

Nice video! Prefer the Roland myself, but I must admit that I prefer Duke Nukem on Yamaha 😉

For "modern" music (rock, techno, etc) like that of Duke Nukem, System Shock, etc, I always prefer Yamaha.

However, now SGM V2,1 + Drums by Slavo + Bellatrix Orchestra soundfonts pretty much beat anything else.