Reply 1720 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
willow wrote:
Where and how? […]
Show full quote
willow wrote:

See screenshots included, ... of how to activate "Amount of video memory in megabytes." size of 8192, inside D-Fend Reloaded.

Where and how?

I didn't find the option in dfend reloaded to select amount of video memory of graphic cards in megabytes.

The only option that I find is to select ram memory.

Thanks.

Respond

See that screenshot included, ...

If you dont see like in "Video Memory Of Graphic Cards.jpg" screenshot. Then you must activate advanced hidden feature inside D-Fend Reloaded. = See screenshot that have the name "Activate VgaMemory Option.jpg", inside my last post. Then enable "Activate VGA chipset settings".

Attachments

• Filename
    VideoMemoryOfGraphicCards.jpg
    File size
    143.68 KiB
    Downloads
    285 downloads
    File comment
    Video Memory Of Graphic Cards.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1721 of 2280, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sst wrote:
Respond […]
Show full quote
willow wrote:
Where and how? […]
Show full quote
willow wrote:

See screenshots included, ... of how to activate "Amount of video memory in megabytes." size of 8192, inside D-Fend Reloaded.

Where and how?

I didn't find the option in dfend reloaded to select amount of video memory of graphic cards in megabytes.

The only option that I find is to select ram memory.

Thanks.

Respond

See that screenshot included, ...

If you dont see like in "Video Memory Of Graphic Cards.jpg" screenshot. Then you must activate advanced hidden feature inside D-Fend Reloaded. = See screenshot that have the name "Activate VgaMemory Option.jpg", inside my last post. Then enable "Activate VGA chipset settings".

It's not the good option because it's only for vga card. it's written in your screenshot.
Or here, the game use svga card.

This option is useless for this game and to confirm I tried and there is nothing.

Reply 1722 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded is not supporting the "vmemsize=" key via its GUI. Just adding the line to a prof file also does not help because DFR is ignoring unknown settings in these files. The video RAM dropdown box on the graphics page of the profile editor changes the "videoram=" value in the [vga] section. So this does not help either.

But you can add any settings to the conf files used for starting DOSBox via the "DOSBox settings" page of the profile editor. Adding the lines

[dosbox]
vmemsize=8

to the "Custom settings" box will bring these lines to the conf file used to start your profile an do exactly what you want.

Reply 1723 of 2280, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Alexander wrote:
D-Fend Reloaded is not supporting the "vmemsize=" key via its GUI. Just adding the line to a prof file also does not help becaus […]
Show full quote

D-Fend Reloaded is not supporting the "vmemsize=" key via its GUI. Just adding the line to a prof file also does not help because DFR is ignoring unknown settings in these files. The video RAM dropdown box on the graphics page of the profile editor changes the "videoram=" value in the [vga] section. So this does not help either.

But you can add any settings to the conf files used for starting DOSBox via the "DOSBox settings" page of the profile editor. Adding the lines

[dosbox]
vmemsize=8

to the "Custom settings" box will bring these lines to the conf file used to start your profile an do exactly what you want.

Thanks.

Can we expect a new version of dfend reloaded with native support of vmemsize fuction?

Reply 1724 of 2280, by Vicman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander,
have you already thought about adding a "Video-Window" directly on the GUI ?
So, you can see directly video-game-clips, when "clicking" on a game ?

meaning something similar to the Frontend eCC2.
Look here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wpXNdYDUg

If there is a way to implement this Feature into your FE, that would be great 😁

btw.
also the 3D-Coveranimation would be a nice Feature Request 😉

Reply 1725 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Until now DFR is supporting setting the video RAM size via this conf file lines:

[vga]
videoram=<KB>

This works well for many custom DOSBox builds. But the built you mentioned uses this format:

[dosbox]
vmemsize=<MB>

So my suggestion is: Let's use the already existent video RAM size value and additionally just write ceil(KB/1024) to the vmemsize key. So the right setting will be used regardless on the format the custom DOSBox built expects.

Because I have no idea how to redirect the DOSBox video output to some other window I cannot display a game inside the DFR program window.

Coveranimation and a bookshelf view of the profiles have already been discussed a couple of times. Due to limitations of the runtime library I do not see any chance to implement things like this.

Reply 1726 of 2280, by Vicman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ups....
maybe you missunderstand me, or i missunderstand your answer.....
i mean : we have the option to see ingame-screenshots on DFend Reloaded. (or box-covers etc...) so, *.png, *.jpg, *.gif etc...

now , i mean to watch video-clips (i.e. video-clips from EmuMovies) extensions *.avi , *.mp4, *.flv etc....
i.e. by integrate the VLan-Player-window in DFR......that's what eCC2 do....
Well, eCC2 is written in Java.....and so it was not a big problem for the author to integrate this in the FE eCC2......

Don't know if it's possible with DFR.......

sorry for my bad english....

Reply 1727 of 2280, by gbbbs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

in D-fend have i have the same problem like dbgl (solved DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend))
D-fend dont download all covers from mobygames. can you fix it please ?

und jetzt auf deutsch 😀

1) wäre es machbar das man bei mobygames alle screenshots + cover downloaden kann ? er läd zwar ein "paar" runter aber leider nicht alle, und erst recht keine screenshots 🙁 bei dbgl konnte man dafür eine lösung finden, ich denke bei euch ebenso 😉

2) was noch interessant wäre wenn man die sichtbare grösse des covers/screenshots ändern könnte eventuell zwei kategorien für screenshots und cover. ok habe die option gefunden 😀

3) die cover/screenshots namen von mobygames übernehmen könnte :
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/doom/cover-art
z.b "Front Cover" "Front Cover Doom version 1.9" usw....

4) die cover/screenshots abstände nicht all zu gross machen
111wqcs9.jpg
es würde bestimmt schöner aussehen wenn die cover/screenshots etwas "zusammenrücken" würden 😉

ansonsten ein top programm !!

Reply 1728 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Vicman:
D-Fend Reloaded can play videos captured by DOSBox or downloaded and stored in the game capture folder, too. See section "Videos" in the tabs bar at the bottom of the DFR main window. Of course it cannot play the video directly in the main window; DFR will open an internal video player window (just using the Windows codecs). Playing videos directly in the main program window would require bigger changes to the code and therefore is not possible for me at the moment.

@gbbbs:
This is not a bug but can be changed: At the moment D-Fend Reloaded is loading at the most 10 images from mobygames when downloading game information. Accessing mobygames is quite slow. Additionally the Delphi runtime library http component is not comparable to modern high efficiency browsers: I'm opening a new connection for each file I'm downloading (no keep-alive and other useful things). But anyway I'm just working on a whole slew of improvements for the mobygames data reader: DFR 1.3.2 will be able to download all cover images and also all screenshots. For "The Secret of Monkey Island" this will result in more than 80 files to be downloaded. - And would take 2-3 minutes. So I really needed to improve the download code: 1.3.2 will download up to 8 files parallel which should result in download times of 30 seconds or less. Anyway DFR will not download all files in its default configuration, because there are also these arguments:
* Most users just want to have the cover image and do not want to wait for all the other images.
* Generating much traffic on mobygames is not fair to them and I do not want them to lock out DFR http requests.
So by default DFR 1.3.2 will also look at the complete cover images list and the screenshots list, but will only download up to 25 images (1.3.1: up to 10). The maximum number of images will be configurable in the DFend.ini (no new language strings in minor version updates, so no new GUI).

und jetzt auch auf Deutsch:
3. Das ist sehr schwer: Sobald mobygames die Seite ändert - und das haben die schon mehrfach getan - würde meine Titelabfrage höchstwahrscheinlich ins Leere greifen. Um möglichst resistent gegen kleine Änderungen auf der mobygames-Seite zu sein, würde ich so etwas nur sehr, sehr ungerne versuchen.
4. Die Spieleliste wie auch die Bilderliste unten im Vorschaubereich sind TListView-Komponenten aus der Delphi-Laufzeitbibliothek. Momentan hole ich bereits unter Anwendung aller möglichen Tricks ein Maximum aus dieser Komponente raus. (In früheren Versionen war der Aufbau der Liste bei großen Spielesammlungen, so 1000 und mehr, extrem langsam. Das habe ich zum Glück in den Griff bekommen.) Weiteren Einfluss nehmen auf die Darstellung kann ich nicht wirklich.

So even if my response times are quite long at the moment, I'm hard-working on DFR. Due to a PM request, 1.3.2 will also be able to manage up to 50 additional program files per profile (which can be stared via the context menu of the profile; for example level editors etc.); 1.3.1: only 10. Two language files have also been updated since 1.3.1. So even though I'm not planning a new major release at the moment, DFR development is going on.

Reply 1729 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Because the changes in the mobygames data reader code are bigger than just bug fixes, I have decided to make a rc1 before releasing 1.3.2. You can find 1.3.2rc1 here as usual.

@gbbbs:
You can specify the maximum number of cover images and screenshots to be download by adding a line "DataReaderMaxImages=25" (with a number bigger than 25) to the [ProgramSets] section of the DFend.ini file.

Reply 1730 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.2 rc1", Portable structure.

Problem(s) inside D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.2 rc1", Portable structure, see below.

It Whant To Remove VirtualHD Directory, it do that when i have used ProgramFile Startup ".bat" in root VirtualHD and with only two profiles displayed. See screenshot = "ItWhantToRemoveVirtualHDDirectory.jpg", "ProgramFileStartupBatIsInRootVirtualHD.jpg".

Also, ... there is a change inside "Uninstall window", when try to delete a profile and only two profiles is configured. Three Profiles, instead of two profiles have not the same delete result inside "Uninstall window".

Edit: Same problem(s) inside D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.1", Portable structure.

Attachments

• Filename
    ItWhantToRemoveVirtualHDDirectory.jpg
    File size
    142.66 KiB
    Downloads
    245 downloads
    File comment
    It Whant To Remove VirtualHD Directory.
    File license
  • Filename
    ProgramFileStartupBatIsInRootVirtualHD.jpg
    File size
    205.79 KiB
    Downloads
    246 downloads
    File comment
    I have used ProgramFile Startup ".bat" in root VirtualHD.
    File license
  • Filename
    ThreeProfilesNotSameDeleteResult.jpg
    File size
    125.09 KiB
    Downloads
    245 downloads
    File comment
    Three Profiles, instead of two profiles Not Same Delete Result.
    File license

Reply 1732 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.2 rc1", Portable structure.

Did it have an option inside "D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)" to not make a sound, when making some action.

If no option to disable sound in the frontend, then can it be made, to "Enable/Disable frontend interface beep sound".

Reply 1733 of 2280, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Alexander wrote:
Until now DFR is supporting setting the video RAM size via this conf file lines: […]
Show full quote

Until now DFR is supporting setting the video RAM size via this conf file lines:

[vga]
videoram=<KB>

This works well for many custom DOSBox builds. But the built you mentioned uses this format:

[dosbox]
vmemsize=<MB>

So my suggestion is: Let's use the already existent video RAM size value and additionally just write ceil(KB/1024) to the vmemsize key. So the right setting will be used regardless on the format the custom DOSBox built expects..

this value

[vga]
videoram=<KB>

is only for vga cards and not svga cards. This value doesn't work for timeschock because timeshock use s3-svgavideo card.

I find an alternative solution. I must write the good setting in custom settings of dsobox parameters in DFR.
But I prefer a native solution.

Alexander wrote:

Because I have no idea how to redirect the DOSBox video output to some other window I cannot display a game inside the DFR program window.

Coveranimation and a bookshelf view of the profiles have already been discussed a couple of times. Due to limitations of the runtime library I do not see any chance to implement things like this.

I hope that you find a solution in a next future.

Reply 1734 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
D-Fend Reloaded is not making any beep sound itself. If some actions inside the program (like clicking menu items) making sounds, this is due to your Windows theme and therefore made by Windows itself and out of the area I can control.

Reply 1735 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alexander wrote:

Hi sst,
D-Fend Reloaded is not making any beep sound itself. If some actions inside the program (like clicking menu items) making sounds, this is due to your Windows theme and therefore made by Windows itself and out of the area I can control.

Respond =

You are correct, ... 😎 thanks, ...

At my side = Windows 7 sound theme, made strange noise and sound when not necessary. Now inside Windows 7 sound theme, i only select some sound options, that i really whant. Then it have fixed strange noise when click and options. Now inside the D-Fend Reloaded, no strange noise in the frontend.

Fixed even it's not really a bug inside the D-Fend Reloaded frontend.

Reply 1736 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.2. This new version fixes all currently known bugs, updates some language files and also brings some smaller improvements.

Reply 1737 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alexander wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.2. This new version fixes all currently known bugs, updates some language files and also brings some smaller improvements.

also brings some smaller improvements.

Respond = 😮 what is this smaller improvements ?

Thanks for the update = 😎

Please update that webpage with ChangeLog of "D-Fend Reloaded v1.3.2"
http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/ChangeLog.html