VOGONS

First post, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can't forget how popular constipation was to sell killer hardware.

This was further recycled (with an even LARGER mouth and redder face) for the Diamond MonsterSound M80.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 7 of 17, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

35jwd2o.jpg

The whole Creative 3D Blaster Voodoo2 franchise did something weird to me.

I think it was a real magick job behind those cartoon shamans' eyes that does the trick -- done by a real shaman incarnate dressed in shirt and tie, somewhere in a marketing department office cubicle in Singapore. I have to admit as an unsuspecting thirteen year old I was vulnerable to this kind of attack. Recent psychic reading and clearing effort doesn't seem to be working on this one.

Reply 8 of 17, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This really isn't on-topic (as it's for camera film... I suppose that you could mis-construe it as hardware though), but I always thought this TV commercial was hillarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz3lD03a_rE 🤣! 😀

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 9 of 17, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The IBM ads with Charlie Chaplin impersonator

pc5160ad.jpg

Reply 10 of 17, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The TI/99 4A ads with Bill Cosby

ad096.jpg

Reply 11 of 17, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
The TI/99 4A ads with Bill Cosby […]
Show full quote

The TI/99 4A ads with Bill Cosby

ad096.jpg

I would describe the way he's touching that thing as inappropriate. At least one hand on the keyboard please!

Reply 12 of 17, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can't stop thinking of him saying "Tis home computer. Tis is the one"

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 13 of 17, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That guy is huge, thats how they make it look so small. look at his fingers then the size of the keys.

Reply 14 of 17, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I like the spring cord cable of IBM XT keyboard, why ibm choose to use that one?

-fffuuu

Reply 17 of 17, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I still remember a magazine advertising of Logitech Wingman Extreme (gameport version). It is a two-parter ad, with part one showing various ACMs with caption, "maneuvers performed with Wingman Extreme", and the second part showing an ejecting pilot with caption, "maneuver performed with other joysticks."

Really, it is my most memorable hardware ad. Too bad I cannot find the scan. 🙁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.