VOGONS

DgVoodoo 1 Discussion Thread

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 320 of 341, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dunno. I sent him an email awhile back when Google had identified his site as a malware site....never got a response (but a couple of days later Google was happy with the site)

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 321 of 341, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well he's up to something ...

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 322 of 341, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

start flooding him with bugs before he abandons the project 😀
though the good thing is when he abandons it, there will be new directx version and he may want to learn that one too so there is still hope for new project 😀

Edit:
let's move the discussion here as it is a completely new project
dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Reply 323 of 341, by Loremaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, everytime i try to run DGVoodoo, after i have set it to DOS, it comes up with "cannot find entrypoint in glide2.dll! this is not the dgVoodoo wrapper file" and then my antivirus software comes up saying my Glide2x.dll is a threat. any ideas on how to fix this? Cheers 😀

Reply 324 of 341, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi!

It's strange. Didn't you mix the 1.x and 2.x versions up? 😀
Because DOS is configurable only with 1.x setup and antivirus sw cries only for 2.x executables (they are MPRESS compressed).

1.x and 2.x aren't compatible with each other, they are totally different.

Reply 325 of 341, by Loremaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah i am just using the 1.40+ version. i am following this guide to get Redguard working, but so far, i have had no luck. Any ideas you have of getting the emulator working? i know that it can be run through DGVoodoo, just not sure what i am doing wrong haha 😖
http://uesp.net/wiki/Redguard:Installation_guide

Reply 326 of 341, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That guide shouldn't suggest copying dgVoodoo files (or any other thing) into Windows directory. Altough I wrote the same in my readmes, it's not recommended unless you know what you do. Copying files into system folders should be left to installers.

The problem is that system folder is different for 32bit and 64bit systems. Also, the way the system searches for a dll under \Windows folder is messy.

Probably dgVoodoo's server proc found another glide2x.dll (of other wrapper) that's why it saying "cannot find entrypoint in glide2.dll!".

I recommend you copying dgVoodoo files into Redguard's folder instead. In that way it should work.

Reply 327 of 341, by Loremaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i have tried running the DGVoodoo in my Redguard Directory instead of my Windows Directory, and it still doesnt seem to work. :\

One time i tried, i copied all the files into the Redguard folder and then tried, and then when that didn't work i just copied the glide2x.dll, glide2x.ovl, dgvoodoo.exe, dgvoodoo.vxd, dgvoodooSetup.exe files and tried agian, but that didn't work either

Although the virus messege no longer comes up, what happens is that i change it to DOS, and i Check: "Working in VDD mode" under "Windows XP options for Dos" and Check: "Closer to a real hardware" under "LFB access" and click OK. and also select Windowed mode, but when i run the REDGUARD.BAT, it says it can't run in windowed mode, and then when i open DGVoodooSetup.exe it has reverted to what it was and i can't change any of the check boxes or drop downs :\

Still not sure whyat i am doing wrong haha

Reply 328 of 341, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry for being inactive for so long...

If you still read this:
Are you under XP? Or, at least a 32 bit Windows? Because DOS emu of dgVoodoo 1.x won't work under 64 bit systems. That's why I can't try it myself.
For the first step, try Ykhwong's DosBox build: set Dos\Glide to Internal Emulation in the menu, and run Redguard with RGFX.exe to see if the problem is in Glide emulation.
It should work, just have checked.

(Btw, what happend to the forum? Renewed?)

Reply 330 of 341, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

bump of the "old" dgVoodoo thread to announce that I've just uploaded:
dgVoodoo 1.50 Beta3 source, open-sourced under LGPL. Thanks again to Dege.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=496

I will probably remove/move it when The Wrapper Collection Project goes online.
The Wrapper Collection Project

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 332 of 341, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I use dgvoodoo 1.50beta2 with Win98SE.

But the dgVoodooSetup has no Effekt.

I can Change Resolution or Set to Windowed Mode:
The Game always runs at 640x480@75Hz FullScreen.

Is This a Bug ? Or does the Setup only works in Windows XP ?

I Use Windows98 cause there the Soundcard has an Soundblaster Emulation and some Game need the IPX from Win98 for Multiplayer

Reply 335 of 341, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sammy wrote:

Did not help.... i allways copy the complete Files of dgvoodoo-archive into the game Directory.

You'll have to select that directory within dgvoodoo before configuring it as well.