VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!
Did you guys knew about Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny 2013 remake?

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLatNypjDg

2je1b8w.jpg

2rz5ssj.jpg

aua8md.jpg

2wbw6jq.jpg

b93bn.jpg

mjb7me.jpg

Seems like it's a 1:1 remake of the original, it's currently listed on Steam for 16eur (-20% pre-purchase , normaly it's 20eur) and it's getting released in 2 days 😊
Looks very nice , already grabbed it and play the waiting game now...

I did some research btw on getting a retail copy but it seems that one will only exist in Germany and it will be in.... German language only 🤣
Apparently the online version is German/English and GOG will also sell it.

So, just a heads up for anyone interested to save some hard earned money and invest it in a cold beer 😎

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 13, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nothing on GOG yet ?

Reply 3 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It seems very nice. I hope it will released in English language too. And I hope sequels to Star Trail and Shadows over Riva will be made too...

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ the Steam/online version is both English/German , it's the "boxed" version that is German only (boxed in quotes because I've seen a dvd case with a disc inside that still needs Steam as far as I understood...)
The devs actually stated they want to remake II and III as well 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks very nice!

OH NO!!! I still haven't completed the original version yet!

Must complete it before experiencing it all over again in the new version....

*Malik is contemplating (right now he's tired after a hard day's work and is lying down reading Vogons forum on his phone.) on re-installing the game on his 486. (The original disks still work, but I have a backup copy in my games CD.)*

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ yeah I know what you mean, haven't really play the original too... it has some nice mt-32 tunes too!
I might even use the official Clue Book for this one 🤣 (I miss the days were games were properly boxed... 🙁 )

6ie0ko.jpg

Reply 7 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, have the same box with the big map too. The game’s copy protection using that map is quite a treasure hunt. 😁

And yes, the game has one of the best MT-32 tunes. Even the character generation screen's music is excellent and one of my favourites, that I simply used to load the game to listen to it.

Reply 8 of 13, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haha, I just bought this game I never heard of before and now there's a remake in the oven

p1020156t.jpg

I tried to play it but I found it utterly complicated to understand how important or relevant the magic, the weapons, herbs and potions are actually necessary to have fun with this game.
I know it has potential, but don't even know where to start to learn how every item works.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 10 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good. Gives me time to complete the original before I get the (hopefully fully fixed) remake. 😁

Reply 11 of 13, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have my pre-order with Steam already 😀

EDIT: I just checked Steam, it's now available to install so I'm downloading it now 😁

EDIT2: Well looking over the forum posts for this game, many are complaining of bugs, hopefully after my shift tonight I can test this out and see what works and what doesn't.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 13 of 13, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks like a day 2 patch already.

I have not even had a chance to play around with it yet.

No matter where you go, there you are...