VOGONS

First post, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I bought a Sega 32X recently but the guy hasn't sent me any of the cables - just the power supply and the manual.

By looking at the manual, I saw that I was missing (amongst other things) a metal bracket. Is that one really neccessary for Mega Drive 1? Can I damage the console by plugging the 32X directly without the bracket?

Cheers
SainT

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 1 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Metal bracket? I had a 32X/MD1 combo, there was a plastic piece that snapped under the 32X so it is more stable when inserted to the MD1, didn't had anything else and it worked perfect , here is what the piece looked like:

1o3nk8.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 5, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AFAIK it's just some EMI shielding due to regulations, like many other devices have built in. It can matter if you are connecting the console via RF, which you are probably not, so I don't think it'll make any difference.

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Isn't there supposed to be a passthrough video cable? From what I understand, the graphics in certain games won't work without it.

It's a standard RCA thing from what I recall.

Reply 5 of 5, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No its not RCA, it uses the Model 2 mini din pinout. The cable is different whether you have model 1 or model 2 genesis.
You can get the cables from ebay.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.