VOGONS

Munt Mac OSX version discussion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Sergm, how are the growl notifications/baloons generated?
If that is being done via apple script, it shouldn't be the app itself being called but the bundle identifier com.growl.growlhelperapp

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ah, k. Probably due to the older qt framework. Not sure against which version ufo compiled now

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 26 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Quick research shows it's indeed a QT framework problem. Not sure if it is even fixed yet in 5.x frameworks 😉

Reply 27 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

So, tested with a USB2Midi device and real MT32 hooked up. CoreMidi prefers the USB device, Munt doesn't receive anything. Not a problem but good to know when people start complaining nothing works 😀

I wonder what would need to be changed in the programs (scummvm, dosbox, exult, ...) to be able to select a port for coremidi

Reply 29 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

As far as I could google, it's not that simple, especially as the "Audio Midi Setup" is only for real midi hardware not software midi. I can't even disable the USB Midi device...

Reply 36 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

the first thing that comes to mind with Xcode5 is that there is only clang now. If Cmake has an hardcoded different compiler (gcc-4.2, llvm-gcc, ...) somewhere that will fail. /usr/bin/gcc still works as a link to clang.

Reply 37 of 72, by ufoufo512

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's the Mac OSX build from the current github master:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30899371/ … 013/MT32Emu.dmg

Just basic compile with XCode 5, Release settings, all dependencies should be included in the app bundle. I just remembered that I didn't check the deployment target, so this might be for Mountain Lion (and Mavericks) only. I will give it a spin on the Snow Leopard and re-compile if needed later today.

Please test and comment.

Regarding the CMake / XCode issue I mentioned earlier, it was solved by itself. First the CMake check for C-compiler script failed because of the white space in the path to compiling binaries. The path to XCode was like Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/XCode.app and so on, which was correct, but the compiling failed with the error: "Volumes/Macintosh no such file or folder". Anyway, I googled answers, found similar problems, but not obvious solutions, somehow the problem went away and I was able to make a build. I did update the cmake from Macports though, maybe that did it.

Reply 39 of 72, by ufoufo512

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dominus: You're welcome. Thanks to sergm for making all this.

Here is an updated build that should work on OSX 10.6 and later. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30899371/ … 0.6/MT32Emu.dmg

Cannot verify Snow Leopard neither Lion myself at the moment, briefly tested on Mountain Lion though.