VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dezipaitor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Since I had several bad contacts with the Windows keys in a DOS game session, I decided to disable these keys when DosBox has input focus.
I know there are little programs out there to solve this problem, but it is hard to find them, and usually nobody can trust them.

The attachement contains a patch file and the whole file sdlmain.cpp from svn revision 3827 .

The code is only compiled for WIN32 (#ifdef), and by default it is inactive. It can be made active in two ways:
Using command line parameter: -disablespecialkeys OR in dosbox.conf file in the [sdl] section by adding the line disablespecialkeys=true
The Windows keys are disabled if DosBox has focus and are enabled if DosBox loses focus.

The configuration is called "special" because it may also be useful for other platforms.

Of course, the code is released under the (DosBox) GPL license.

I hope the code becomes official so everybody can get its advantage.

THX for your GREAT WORK!

EDIT:
Reuploaded attachement due to minor fix.

Attachments

• Filename
    sdlmain.zip
    File size
    19.44 KiB
    Downloads
    66 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by dezipaitor on 2013-10-28, 19:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

is that would disable the "Application/Menu" Key (the key which located the left of Right-Ctrl on standard layout post-win95-keyboard) ?
as I map that key to "Mod1" in dosbox to free the "Ctrl+" or "Alt+" key combination for the dos-program/games' usages.

-fffuuu

Reply 3 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Moving to the patches forum

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper