VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So some of you have very nice collections of hardware, computers, games, monitors, software and all those things...but what is you feel missing in your collections? And I don't mean really rare stuff like the Socket 4 Pentium Overdrive (but please do tell if you do have such uncommon items 😁 ) but stuff one could arguably say any collector should have in his collection (or had in his collection).

I'll start:

My collection happens to be mostly hardware and I have tons of that stuff laying around. Motherboards, graphics cards, AT towers, literally hundreds of items. I even got a couple harder to come by items like a Cyrix 5x86 133 feipoa kept reminding me about 😜

But some items are missing from my collection, and here's a small list:

I haven't got a single AMD K5 processor. Not even one!
I don't have any Socket 423 motherboards
I don't have a single Slot A motherboard
And I don't have anything related to Roland, nothing 🙁
And also missing is a copy of Windows XP 64-bit
I do have an Insite floptical drive but none of it's disks
I have somekind of large IBM optical disks but none of it's drives 😵
Edit: I forgot to mention I never got around to getting a USB LS-120 drive and am also missing a USB floppydrive that's basically a standard floppydrive in an external housing

So what do you feel is missing in your collections? This can be anything computer related and doesn't have to be hardware, it could be a game or a program you've been looking for for years, just to name something.

Lets hear it! 😁

Last edited by Tetrium on 2014-01-30, 15:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 1 of 301, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Common items I'm missing in my collection:
ATX towers: In Win S500/A500 and the Enlight EN-7230.
Printers: a LaserJet 5. A dot matrix printer.

A list of rare items I've been looking for for years and still don't have and still want:

A Digital PowerStorm 350 graphics card. Probably the best available for AlphaNT. Just to run Quake II.
An MCA soundcard. Any. Without one all my PS/2s will be mute forever. And the Ultimedia video adapters. And a copy of Windows 3.0 Multimedia Edition for the PS/2.
Any big SGI system. A deskside Onyx 2 will be enough. I have most of the workstations (Personal Iris, Indigo, Indy, Indigo 2, Octane, Fuel) but I still want one of their visualization systems.
An SGI O2. To complete my workstation collection. An SGI Tezro would also be nice.
A PSION 5mx. I have many handhelds, but I've never won a bidding for a PSION 5mx in good shape. Also a Dell Axim X51v
A copy of V for Victory Commemorative Collection. And a copy of C&C Commemorative Edition (for the CD edition of Dune). Thanks to GOG and Steam my game list is now much shorter.
Need for Speed 2-4 OST CDs.

Last edited by GL1zdA on 2014-01-30, 15:38. Edited 4 times in total.

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 2 of 301, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've got what I always wanted : my i486DX2-66, MT-32, LAPC-I, Roland CM-500 and the SC-55 and the 2x 3dfx Voodoo 2s in SLI. (And of course the boxed AWE32 and AWE64 Gold)

I've got a couple of CM-64s and two more CM-32Ls previously, which I have sold off after trying them out.

Still, greed spares no man.

I would like to have the Roland SCC-1 and the RAP-10, and a XG module. But I'm not that serious like few years back, when I was really collecting stuff. And besides, I already have the SC-55 to compensate for the lack of the above two cards. Anyway, I might go for an XG module someday. (Even though I already have the DB60XG clone card stuck onto my CT1740.)

So my list can be humbly individualized to a

- Yamaha XG Module - MU128.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Let's see:

Hardware:

Boxed AdLib Sound Card;
Boxed Sound Blaster Pro;
Yamaha FB-01;

Boxed games:

Stunts;
The Manager;
Lotus: the Ultimate Challenge;
Mortal Kombat II;
Raptor Call of the Shadows;
Tyrian;
Street Rod;
Street Rod 2;
The Lost Vikings;
Transport Tycoon;
Wing Commander Privateer;
One Must Fall 2097;
Grand Prix Circuit;
A-10 Tank Killer;
Prince of Persia;
LHX Attack Chopper;

And a couple more stuff i can't remember. But the boxed sound Cards is something i really wish for a lot.

Reply 6 of 301, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd like to re-own a SCC-1 (already 3-4 passed through my hands but I sold them for various reasons) and a SCB-55 again ...and one of these MPU401 boxes without the interface card, I'd like to try building one .
Can't think of anything else I want atm, I am set with my p1 retropc , got spare parts to build the same thing 3 times, got all 8/16/32bit consoles (except the crappy ones that I don't care) and a nice collection of roland modules and cards 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 301, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

Why an MU128 and not maybe MU1000/2000?

I think it will be just right for me. And also for the cost factor compared to the 1000/2000 series.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 8 of 301, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Missing:
- Neon 250
- Paradise Tasmania 3D
- The last remaining OEM software for my 3D cards

Missing, but easier to get hold of:
- Gravis Ultrasound
- Tseng Labs Et4000 W32p VLB
- Socket 8 mainboard

Nice to have:
- Boxed Rendition cards, most wanted is the 3D Blaster PCI, but also Intense3D, Canopus Total3D, Miro Hiscore,
- Boxed Orchid Righteous 3D
- Boxed Apocalypse 3D

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 9 of 301, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:
Stojke wrote:

Why an MU128 and not maybe MU1000/2000?

I think it will be just right for me. And also for the cost factor compared to the 1000/2000 series.

not to mentions that the MU128 is already "too much" for gaming reasons...I have the MU80 , haven't found anything that uses it 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 10 of 301, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

NIB Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. 🙁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 11 of 301, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have enough junk that I don't feel there's anything in particular I need to "complete" something. Time is what I need more than anything else.

That said, I'd love to find a copy of Dr. Halo IV. It might as well not exist considering the luck I've had looking for it. Dr. Halo III, an old DOS paint program, was a huge part of my early computing experience and I've never found anything that quite matched its UI; it would be neat to have the final version.

Perhaps a Sound Blaster MIDI cable and a decent piano keyboard would be nifty, but it's probably easier to get a USB device these days.

Reply 12 of 301, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can still move a bit so that means there's not enough old junk piled up around me! 🤣

Seriously though, I'm rarely looking for anything in particular. I have a long list of "nice to have" stuff, but I see no reason to scan ebay everyday to find it. If I happen to find anything interesting for cheap I just get it.

Reply 13 of 301, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm lucky enough to have most things I want, but on my list still are:

- Boxed Sound Blaster 2.0 (CT1350B) Value
- Boxed Matrox Millennium
- Boxed Pro Audio Spectrum 16
- LAPC-I (in a box, out of a box, wrapped in old newspapers I don't care! I just wants me one)

I have faith in the bristlehog service to find me these items 🤣

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 14 of 301, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, of course I have a huge list, but these items are at the top 10 of my list.....Sigh...I wish I had...

1. Original IBM XT or other original XT system

2. True MPU-401 Roland ISA interface card

3. Original IBM mechanical clicky keyboard

4. Original Adlib Sound Card

5. A nice 286 motherboard with 286 intel chip

6. More cache chips for my 386DX40 system and some of my 486 boards

7. An original Panasonic Creative Labs compatible (CR-562 I think??) CD-ROM drive to hook up directly to my SBPRO 2.0

8. Original VTECH PC Partner 'pizzabox style case for my 486SX motherboard
- (this was my first true PC I owned and I threw it out years ago, now I want it back--I recently found a similar motherboard, but it's nothing without that original solid steel slimline AT case)

9. Memory and proprietary slot upgrade for my Tandy 1000EX

10. Original Tandy 1000 SL, SL/2, TL, TL/2, TL/3 or RL, RL/HD, RLX, RSX system
with original Tandy monitor of course

Reply 15 of 301, by maximus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My collection is still in its infancy... I'm mostly interested in GPUs at the moment. Currently at the top of my list:

• 2x Voodoo2 12 MB in SLI
  • Voodoo 5 5500
  • Rage Fury MAXX
  • Radeon 9800XT
  • GeForce 6800 Ultra

There are also two complete systems I'd like to build:

1. Ultimate AMD / ATI Rig

• Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
  • Athlon 64 X2 6400+
  • Radeon X1950 XTX

2. Ultimate Intel / Nvidia Rig

• Asus P5WD2-E Premium
  • Pentium D Extreme Edition 965
  • Geforce 7900 GTX

Mostly newer stuff, most of it not that rare... just takes time and money to get it all together.

Edit: would also like a mechanical keyboard of some kind.

PCGames9505

Reply 16 of 301, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm still missing a lot of 1st and 2nd generation Radeon videocards and 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen. GeForces.
And I also still need to get my hands on a lot of different Intel and AMD processors for benchmarking.

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info