VOGONS

DOSBOX VS WIN8

Topic actions

First post, by jugheadjones

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DOSBOX is working but the way this version of WIN 8 labels and stores files is giving me a hard time trying to run downloaded games. What am I overlooking or suggestions?

Reply 2 of 8, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a tired refrain, there are a slew of games for download that are available with the owners blessing now days. There's a thread on vogons cataloging such games, it has amassed to quite a collection now.

Last edited by ih8registrations on 2014-04-27, 23:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 8, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jugheadjones wrote:

What am I overlooking

- The right forum
- An actual description of the problem

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 5 of 8, by glitterbell23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using Windows 8.1 and DosBox 0.74. I am trying to play Kings Quest IV. When I double click on the DosBox icon on my desktop it only opens for a few seconds and then closes. It says something about an error. When I try to open it with 7 zip it says that I am missing SDL_net.dll but I know that I have it along with SDL.dll. I am not sure what to do. I am new at this and not very versed with these type of computer skills. My computer is an HP Split that I just got for Christmas. Please help me.

Reply 7 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[Thread moved to DOSBox General Section]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 8 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
glitterbell23 wrote:

When I try to open it with 7 zip it says that I am missing SDL_net.dll but I know that I have it along with SDL.dll.

I'm confused. What exactly are you trying to open with 7-zip?

My computer is an HP Split that I just got for Christmas.

DOSBox (or more specifically SDL) has problems with tablets. I think it should work if you plug in a mouse.

I think it should also work if you set the environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER=windib at a command prompt. You can accomplish the same thing if you use D-Fend Reloaded, according to "Device not registered" error and exit .

But the easiest solution is to just plug in a mouse.

EDIT: Apparently this works too.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dosbox_and_w … hscreen_tablets