VOGONS

First post, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Eyecandy Archive
Provides an archive of eyecandy software, currently focused on MS-DOS eyecandy (Acidwarp, Razzle Dazzle, etc.). DOSBox has been used to make these programs executable again on modern systems.

I've always tried to track where my old eyecandy software: Kaliedoplasma, Psyche, kAVS, and more recently Web Kplasma, were being posted. Doing so lead me to a number of excellent former repositories, including: Hyperreal Tool Shed, and Touceccans:The Obviously Unbelievable Eye Candy Collection (Amazingly Nice Software). I started to become disheartened as those sites shut down, and needed to be loaded out of the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and other resources also seemed to disappear. To avoid references to this sort of software going away, I've set up a new archive for eyecandy software at: http://eyecandyarchive.com/.

I've already been able to revive a few peices of software, such as: Stripsky, which had become unavailable online.

webkplasma1.jpg

Please check the site out and let me know your thoughts. I think I've currently covered most of the significant bits of MS-DOS eyecandy, but I'm always happy to hear of anything I may have missed out on. The next few updates are likely to cover more modern pieces of eyecandy, but I expect to continue to add, and provide more detail on the currently covered older software.

Last edited by kolano on 2015-06-19, 06:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.

Reply 1 of 3, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

interesting, a task for your computer to do when you are not using it 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 3, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is the eyecandy archive down? 😮

edit: the name does not resolve, crosschecked with mxtoolbox.com, though works when accessed by ip+host header (143.95.228.42)

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 3 of 3, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
psychz wrote:

Is the eyecandy archive down? 😮

edit: the name does not resolve, crosschecked with mxtoolbox.com, though works when accessed by ip+host header (143.95.228.42)

It seems to be working for me currently, but I have noticed it not resolve from some locations previously though, which still seems to be the case. I likely need some follow-up with my hosting provider.

edit: Seems to be resolved now, apparently related to my hosting provider moving servers around.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.