VOGONS

Menzoberranzan

Topic actions

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's a challenge for you. It runs in protected mode so it didn't get very far. Also, it has soundblaster Pro III support, which I had never heard of before.

Reply 1 of 8, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

???????????????
The protected mode has been working ok for quite some time.SoundBlasters are downward compatible.
So it should work (though I did not test it recently). What is the precise problem?

Mirek

Reply 2 of 8, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am running the game in soundblaster pro II mode.

I didn't know protected mode was supposed to work. When I try to run the game I get some message about DOS/4GW professional protected mode run time bla bla

Then the screen is refreshed and all I see is the text "Unable to open resource file". Er, is there a switch I am supposed to put in doxbox.cfg or something?

Reply 4 of 8, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I tried the game (cracked version) in CVS from 15th July and it was ok. I did not try it in 0.61.

Mirek

Reply 5 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I recently played Menzoberranzan under WinXP from start to end, so i positively know that is working, both under VDMSound and DOSBox. It's slightly faster under VDMSound, though. 😁

Reply 6 of 8, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Qbix wrote:

files aren't readonly ?

Nope. I am installing this from the Interplay collection, which requires Windows to install.

Reply 7 of 8, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found the problem, you have to have CD1 in the drive even though it installs off of CD2.