VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by Risingson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jumping and bumping this thread because this is a problem that is happening to me in the pc i have now (Windows7, Core i5 4670K , 8gb of RAM) and not in the previous PC (a humble pc , core duo 1,8 with windows xp, from 2009) or in the laptop that barely can play any games that I have here. So I think it is an OS or driver problem... but it is only Dosbox the one that stutters, not any other games. Dosbox is the one that has these anoying sound chops.

I've tweaked the sound configs, the output, the window size, the buffers, everything. No success. Of course I tried disabling all resident programs. No success.

Even the gog games are failing for me in that. If anyone has a clue of what could help (maybe an external sound card??), please suggest.

Thanks!

Reply 21 of 23, by Asterisk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I suspect that this may be the source of the problem:

> mount e h:\ -t cdrom

Try unmounting the image from the virtual CD drive on the host system, and mounting the image directly within DOSBox, using the imgmount command, e.g.:

imgmount e image.iso -t cdrom

Reply 23 of 23, by Risingson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Necroing because this error keeps on appearing and what solved it, for me, is setting the core to dynamic.

Sorry for not answering back then. The imgmount actually did not improve a thing (gog games mount the image that way, btw).

Regards kind people